New Member from New Mexico

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastie3202

Reaction score
Great to be part of this community.  I am a fairly new pipe smoker, only 1 year, but successfully put down a 2 pack a day cigarette habit the first day I picked up a pipe and have never looked back.  I enjoy Briar pipes, but have tried the metals, and do smoke some cobs and have a beautiful Meer that the wife bought me last Christmas.  I enjoy all aspects of pipe smoking.  Have not settled on a particular blend of tobacco, but do know that Carter Hall will always be in my cellar.  I like aromatics, non-aromatics, Virginias, English, and just about everything that I have tried.  I am still exploring the world of tobacco and look forward to hearing about and trying different blends as the opportunities present themselves.

The same time that I picked up pipe smoking I also picked up pipe restoration and rustification.  I love finding old beat up pipes and bringing them back to life, and I love sharing my work so hope that is possible on this forum.  I am still learning, and hope to learn more here.  I have also learned enough over the past year that I think I can be a contributor to this forum.  

Thanks for having me and look forward to hanging out with everyone.

IMG_20140118_210353_zpsad33ea1b.jpg
" />

Good to have you among us ... sounds like you have jumped right in at the deep end of the pool ...

SteveS":zpd2ag3y said:
Good to have you among us ... sounds like you have jumped right in at the deep end of the pool ...
At times jumping into the deep end right away is good, sometimes not so much. But I think I learn more by just jumping. So...........SPLASH.

leonidas":5c41gs0y said:
...hello Coastie......

.......good to 'see' a familiar face........
Can't tell you how happy I am to see you found a new home. I think we are gonna like it here.

Welcome to the forums! Lots of other pipe restorers around here for you to swap info with, I'm sure

"T"

Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing some pic's of your rustication work.

Howdy, Coastie! Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome, Coastie! Glad to have younhere. What part of NM are you from? I love NM. My wife and I got married in Silver City.

d4klutz":ipayy4lz said:
Welcome, Coastie!  Glad to have younhere.  What part of NM are you from?  I love NM.  My wife and I got married in Silver City.
I am in Southern New Mexico at the foot of the Sacramento Mountains. Silver City is probably one the prettiest spots in So. NM.

I want to thank everyone for their warm welcome to BoB.  I have been looking for a comfortable home and it appears that I may have found it.

IMG_20140114_202824_zps0870d63e.jpg
" />