New Member from Ohio

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locke07

Reaction score
Salutations!

I've recently gotten into pipe smoking about a month or so ago. I'm enjoying the hobby and collecting new pipes and trying new tobaccos.

I'm a full time student at Ohio University studying Philosophy and Political Theory. Applying to grad school. I'm a knife/blade enthusiast, my father runs a small welding and smithing shop so I know a little bit about metallurgy. I hope to meet some new friends and gain some knowledge!

Thanks

Looks like Ohio may have more fellow pipe smokers than I thought. Welcome from a fellow Buckeye!

Welcome, I am new here too, but already know there are a lot of good people here. Real friendly board.

Skip

'Twould appear that the Buckeyes are falling onto our grounds by the droves!!! :lol:

A big orange Tennessee welcome to you, sir!!!

locke07":nkhus7cl said:
hope to meet some new friends and gain some knowledge!
BoB is a place with a multitude of opportunities to do both!!!! ;)

Robert

beebiz":3ldcq6fl said:
'Twould appear that the Buckeyes are falling onto our grounds by the droves!!! :lol:

locke07":3ldcq6fl said:

Robert
Buckeys are falling in Wisconsin too! :D Sports humor. 8)

Falconer":9nc28dlj said:
beebiz":9nc28dlj said:

locke07":9nc28dlj said:

Robert
That hurt. I was just telling my wife that if you live in Ohio upset and choking are no strangers to you.

J_Rock":swi1uikm said:
Falconer":swi1uikm said:
beebiz":swi1uikm said:

locke07":swi1uikm said:

Robert
That hurt. I was just telling my wife that if you live in Ohio upset and choking are no strangers to you.
Don't feel bad, it's crazy this year...Kansas State beats UCLA, UCLA beats Texas, Texas Beats Nebraska and Nebraska beats K-State. Go figure!!

locke07":5062y1d2 said:
I'm a full time student at Ohio University studying Philosophy and Political Theory. I hope to meet some new friends and gain some knowledge!
Welcome aboard,,,,Philosophy and Political Theory???,,,,you should feel right at home in the Rubber Room,,,,,

Might I add, I just went and saw all the cellar pics you guys posted and HOLY CRAP you guys are intense! Just curious what's the reason for bulking up on THAT much tobacco? I know some store in original purchase tins and others can what I assume to be bulk bag tobacco? What's the pros and cons of each? Just curious because I have a feeling if pipe smoking is like my blade collecting habit I'll be giving you guys a run for your money in a few years time :lol!:

Some tobaccos age, like wine...

You never know when Uncle sugar is going to jack taxes up..When I started (not that long ago really) a tin of Dunhill Nightcap was $4.98.. and I bitched about the price..lol

With Geopolitical upheaval you never know when the component tobaccos will not be available..

Recipes sometimes change, usually when a brand is bought sold.. It sometimes really really matters..

Its fun to show of your stash and freak people out...lol.

Oh yeah Cons???

Ummm you'll be broke and your Mrs will think your fuggin nutty...lol

Still cheaper than Cigs and Cigars though..

Welcome to the BoB! Good ol' Athens, OH, huh? Nice little school. My sister is a grad student over there.