New Member From Rhode Island

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any favorite blend that you have?
I enjoy the G. L. Pease blends that contain only Virginia, Oriental/Turkish and Latakia. Some favorites are Abingdon, Ashbury, Charring Cross, Kensington (middle of the road goto blend) and Westminster. Under the Drucquer brand Casbah and Levant are excellent. I'm currently working on a tin of Lagonda and one of Meridian. I have Gaslight and Spark Plug set aside for the new year. I chose the C&D over Sutliff and Scandinavian Tobacco brands because of the lack of additives.

I enjoy the G. L. Pease blends that contain only Virginia, Oriental/Turkish and Latakia. Some favorites are Abingdon, Ashbury, Charring Cross, Kensington (middle of the road goto blend) and Westminster. Under the Drucquer brand Casbah and Levant are excellent. I'm currently working on a tin of Lagonda and one of Meridian. I have Gaslight and Spark Plug set aside for the new year. I chose the C&D over Sutliff and Scandinavian Tobacco brands because of the lack of additives.
Thanks for sharing, Balisong. Ever since my favorite Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian has gone, I have been experimenting a bit. C&D's Engine 99 is a good substitute, but I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks, Blackhorse. Your Uncle Albert must have had some stories to tell. I am a retired Conductor.

He was our favorite relative. He had lifetime free rail rides and took advantage for sure. Escapism I’m thinking. His wife (my beloved Aunt) was like a meanie out of a WCFields movie. Sharp eyes and a sharper tongue. His daughter was a super hottie…and sneaky. Not a good mix. HE was a prince, always pleased and in good spirits…a joy to have around.

One non RR story: he served in WWII Pacific theater. So did his bro in law (another of my uncles). Neither of them knew the other was there. Albert was in Manila after things had settled down and walked into a random bar one afternoon. There was the other uncle with each arm around a native sweetie. Oops! Busted. It was never made clear just how that little episode played out. Maybe that’s for the best.

C&D's Engine 99
The blends that I mentioned are all Virginia only blends. Oriental/Turkish and consequently Latakia are grown from the Virginia plant. HH Syrian had Kentucky and Engine 99 has Burley and Perique, all in the Burley family. If you want to try something in the Pease line, Chelsea Morning and Quiet Nights might work for you, I've never tried them, Burley gives me the nic-ups!

The blends that I mentioned are all Virginia only blends. Oriental/Turkish and consequently Latakia are grown from the Virginia plant. HH Syrian had Kentucky and Engine 99 has Burley and Perique, all in the Burley family. If you want to try something in the Pease line, Chelsea Morning and Quiet Nights might work for you, I've never tried them, Burley gives me the nic-ups!
Thanks! I am learning every day!

Welcome aboard Mate
Thank you!
He was our favorite relative. He had lifetime free rail rides and took advantage for sure. Escapism I’m thinking. His wife (my beloved Aunt) was like a meanie out of a WCFields movie. Sharp eyes and a sharper tongue. His daughter was a super hottie…and sneaky. Not a good mix. HE was a prince, always pleased and in good spirits…a joy to have around.

One non RR story: he served in WWII Pacific theater. So did his bro in law (another of my uncles). Neither of them knew the other was there. Albert was in Manila after things had settled down and walked into a random bar one afternoon. There was the other uncle with each arm around a native sweetie. Oops! Busted. It was never made clear just how that little episode played out. Maybe that’s for the best.
A noce story. Yes, maybe best that you did not know the ending!