New member from SC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Tkach

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm a new member, but I've been smoking a pipe for a few years, and under the tutelage of the internet pipe gurus for about a year. I have acquired too many pipes, almost all estate, but I love tinkering with them--cleaning, refinishing, restaining, rusticating, everything. Hopefully I will be able to carve pipes some day, but I'm not sure I have the funds or the time at the moment.

This forum looks like fun, to I'm in! Anyone else in the lowcountry?

Here's a pic of the lovely pipe cabinet my now-wife made me last Christmas:

The collection has grown greatly since then, but I'll show more pics later.

Welcome! That's a sweet collection you have there. It reminds that I need to get some proper pipe stands instead of a set of big glad boxes :D .

Welcome to the forum! Nice collection, and bravo to the wife on that cabinet!

So glad to have you on the Brothers of Briar.. Great photo and info.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

Welcome! Looks like you have got a good start with your pipes!

Skip

Tim, I know what you mean, but I really have too many (but that doesn't keep me from looking at more!). At two dozen, or so, pipes, I didn't get around to smoking all of them, and now I've been given about 100 from a relative. Now I've got a lot of restoration work to do!

Maybe some of these will make it into the rotation...eventually!

Greenleaf, that hat was my first real sewing project. I looked at some similar hats (because I couldn't find a pattern to use) and somehow, after hours of tinkering, made an ill-fitting tweed blazer resemble the hat I wanted. Hopefully I'll get some time to make another one for this fall season.
Cheers!