New Member...from The Netherlands

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrSmoke

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy brethren...newbie pipe smoker. I quit smoking cigarettes for the last time 3 months ago. I had stopped previously for 6 years but now for good! My best friend smokes a pipe (never ciggys). So I visited him in NYC in December, bought a basket pipe for $40 and 2 oz. of Maravilla (Barclay Rex). I haven't looked back... My dad was a pipe smoker...all of the aromas in the tobacco stores and smoking a pipe myself brought back a boat load of great memories from my childhood. One of my favorite sites is: tobaccoreviews.com. Toughest aspect so far is learning how to pack slices, flake and other non-ribbon tobaccos to obtain a nice smoke. I mostly use the frank method to pack but also like Kel's, "the methodless method." Still getting rid of cigarette smokers puffing (and I was slow smoker)... learning how to "sip."

Welcome to the fold Doc.

Well done for rediscovering the gentleman's art of the briar and ditching the ciggys. I doubt you'll ever look back.

Superb English by the way. Have you moved out for work or are you extremely talented language wise?

DrSmoke":0vuqc6s6 said:
Howdy brethren...newbie pipe smoker. I quit smoking cigarettes for the last time 3 months ago. I had stopped previously for 6 years but now for good! My best friend smokes a pipe (never ciggys). So I visited him in NYC in December, bought a basket pipe for $40 and 2 oz. of Maravilla (Barclay Rex). I haven't looked back... My dad was a pipe smoker...all of the aromas in the tobacco stores and smoking a pipe myself brought back a boat load of great memories from my childhood. One of my favorite sites is: tobaccoreviews.com. Toughest aspect so far is learning how to pack slices, flake and other non-ribbon tobaccos to obtain a nice smoke. I mostly use the frank method to pack but also like Kel's, "the methodless method." Still getting rid of cigarette smokers puffing (and I was slow smoker)... learning how to "sip."
Gents: Thanks to all for the welcomes... I am looking forward to participating and learning. Steve