New Member in AZ

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullnbones

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Geoff and I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I picked up a pipe (Bjarne) a few years ago and I could quite get the hang of it. In the past couple of months I've picked it back again and found it much more enjoyable, to the point where I've had to get another pipe (peterson 80s) to let the other rest properly, and I'm already looking at picking up a 3rd. Anyways, I've been lurking on this forum for a few days, found some really good info and figured I'd sign up.

Welcome to the Brotherhood. A lot of great information can be found here.

s.ireland":rn604iw3 said:
Welcome to the forum, Geoff! What kind of tobacco are you into?
Thanks, I don't really have a favorite type as of right now. I started off with some bulk aros, I seem to gravitate towards the lighter ones, vanilla, citrus flavor. I try to stay away from anything that's been drowned in cough syrup. When I got my Peterson a couple weeks ago I ordered some Escudo Navy Deluxe with it. I'm about half way through the tin and I'm really enjoying it and I like fiddling with the coins.

My list of things to try in the near future:
PLG Jackknife Plug
McClelland Christmas Cheer
McConnell Scottish Cake
C&D Blockade Runner (got a bowl from a friend a while back)
and another tin or two of Escudo for cellaring

I'd also like to start trying some Latakia blends but I'm not really sure where to start with that one

Escudo is some good stuff! that's basically the blend that "saved" me from only smoking latakia blends a few years back. The VA/VAper thing is easy to get really into... So many wonderful blends. Shoot me a PM I'll send you a few things to try :)

Welcome from another fellow Arizonian. I live out by Luke Air Force base in Glendale (really a county island surrounded by Glendale and Peoria). You will find this a great place to learn everything pipe.

Mikem":jbsqeghc said:
Welcome from another fellow Arizonian. I live out by Luke Air Force base in Glendale (really a county island surrounded by Glendale and Peoria). You will find this a great place to learn everything pipe.
It's good to be here. I'm down in Scottsdale where the 101 and 202 meet. Any B&M you'd recommend? I've stopped by a few and haven't been all that impressed. I know I can by whatever I want online but I kind of like standing if front of a wall of pipes and tins looking at everything for myself.

Welcome, glad you decided to join the group. Look forward to your post.