New Members

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

Reaction score
Holy Smokes, we have a lot of new members all of a sudden.
I'm gettin' tired of typin' "Welcome to BoB."  ;) 
Seriously, I'm on a bunch of forums and BoB is the friendliest.

Welcome again, all you new fellers.  :cheers:

Being new here I hope I am not butting into this conversation, but most, if not all are from PM forum (I suspect you could have guessed it) there was a lovely fallout when a great member got banned.
~Ron

rmason":rt21dr5m said:
Being new here I hope I am not butting into this conversation, but most, if not all are from PM forum (I suspect you could have guessed it) there was a lovely fallout when a great member got banned.
~Ron
What does PM stand for? I wasn't aware of that forum.
Ya gotta really eff up to get banned from here. ;) 
The moderators do a great job, but they have it easy.
For some reason, this forum just stays kinda civil all on its own.

PM stands for Pipes Magazine, and only one person got banned, but it was for something very stupid, but the rest followed. I can't speak for the rest of my "refugee" friends, but after watching it unfold I decided I did not want to be a major contributor to a forum like that.
~Ron

rmason":rmdza1ch said:
PM stands for Pipes Magazine, and only one person got banned, but it was for something very stupid, but the rest followed. I can't speak for the rest of my "refugee" friends, but after watching it unfold I decided I did not want to be a major contributor to a forum like that.
~Ron
Been there done that LOL!

rmason":gahra6of said:
~Ron
I think you'll like it here.

Fr_Tom":culcl4sx said:
We seem to be a reasonably pleasant bunch. I am glad to have you folks here.
Emphasis added :p

Hope this makes a better, proper forum for the newcomers to snuggle into just in time for the holidays. I know it's been super welcoming to me, so please make yourself at home! :cheers:

Let me give you new refugees one good piece of advice about that kind of situation and this forum. If you like to debate those kind of topics, join the Asylum (affectionately known as the Rubber Room, bottom sub forum on the list). If you don't like those sort of topics, do not sign up for the Asylum. If we get a topic pop up that we think might be too political or off color for the general population, we move it to the Asylum. But, there are still rules of decorum. Read em.

And welcome to BoB :) 

So Puff Daddy, on average, how long does it take to be accepted into the Rubber Room?
~Ron

Puff Daddy":mxpt65l5 said:
Let me give you new refugees one good piece of advice about that kind of situation and this forum. If you like to debate those kind of topics, join the Asylum (affectionately known as the Rubber Room, bottom sub forum on the list). If you don't like those sort of topics, do not sign up for the Asylum. If we get a topic pop up that we think might be too political or off color for the general population, we move it to the Asylum. But, there are still rules of decorum. Read em.

And welcome to BoB :) 
Oh crap!  We gots rules?!?  :lol!:

rmason":v6tpwhih said:
So Puff Daddy, on average, how long does it take to be accepted into the Rubber Room?
~Ron
Aha...ready to start trouble, are ya? :lol!: 

Hermit as a fellow Louisianaman, I believe you said you were from Acension Parish I thank you"all rolling out the welcome mat.

rmason":x0vu9rdy said:
~Ron
If you wish to have access to this area of the board you have to join the usergroup called "The Asylum". This area is less moderated and can contain material that some will find less than desirable. It is rarely pipe related and topics are considered by many to be controversial. Please do not join this area of the board if you are easily offended or wish to start problems with other members.

To join, click on the link above the forums labeled "Usergroups". On that page you will see "The Asylum" listed, click on that to request membership. Once approved you will have access to this area of the board. It shouldn't take too long. There is no requirement for membership here but understand you are entering at your own risk.

We have decided to close this area off to respect those members who wish to avoid it.

Hermit, yeah, I know, I had to hold back my own laughter when I said that :lol: We kinda have a few rules. Not sure where we put them.....

That explains all the new members. Thanks and if I missed welcoming any of the newbies here's a welcome to you all. Glad to have you.

hermit":vnws690v said:
Ya gotta really eff up to get banned from here.
The moderators do a great job, but they have it easy.
For some reason, this forum just stays kinda civil all on its own.
As did the other ... the 'offense' was, in general, less offensive than one might imagine ...

Happy to see new members.  Please read the rules and the previous threads....then join in.  You will find the best of the best right here.  

Don't piss off the mods here, if that was an issue on the other sites, because we all have their backs....their good judgement is why this forum does so well...that and extraordinary people makes this forum THE place to be.

Hawker":n91tbz1f said:
That explains all the new members. Thanks and if I missed welcoming any of the newbies here's a welcome to you all. Glad to have you.
This^

Wasn't aware of the PM issue until just now. I signed up there a while back but rarely read the forums and have never posted. Guess I'm just happy enough being here!

In any case, welcome all the refugees from PM!

:sunny: 

Cheers,

RR

I have veen waiting a couple of days for asylum approval - and nothing.

I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post! Instant banning! I feel like I am Amish with the shunning! That was all I did. and mentioned kevin's 1930's Black and white shoes as mentioned by a member previously.

:twisted: 

Status
Not open for further replies.