"new" memeber

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodos44

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been enjoying the forums here for a bit, lurking around. :suspect: Figured I should finally introduce myself in here. My name is Scott, I live just outside Chicago (West 'burbs), work all the time and enjoy smoking a few pipefulls everyday. I started smoking a pipe about a year ago and since then my cigars are MUCH better aged :lol: My favorite tobacco types are VaPers by far. I have about 10 pipes, 5 of which are cobs which I absolutely love. I'm also not much of a talker but I truly enjoy the atmosmophere and tone of these forums. You guys have helped me immensely without even knowing it.

In short. HI :D

Scott

Welcome aboard Scott/kodos,
Yeah, this sure is an informative forum, and the people are pretty darn friendly.

Chicago eh?,, have you ever been in that (Irwin Reis is it?) Tobacco shop?

So whats your favorite baccy?

Iwan Ries, yeah. GREAT place for pipes. The people there are really helpful and their selection, for a brick and mortar is second to none for the area. Of course being located in downtown Chicago makes it a bit of an outing destination. Also the !@##$@! Cook county tobacco tax makes it prohibitive to purchase baccy while there.

As to fave baccy ..... Hmmmm .... Thats a TOUGH one for me. Escudo? Marlin Flake? I probably smoke PS LBF the most just because its economical. I also really enjoy Royal Yacht and G&H Brown Bogie (cut with some LBF, im not THAT tough) when I want a real dose of vitamin N. I guess I'm too new to have found a real favorite.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Scott

Welcome, Scott, from a fellow VaPer lover. I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"

Welcome to the forum, Scott! It's great to have you here.

I like your list of favorite blends! :cheers: Marlin flake is a must for lovers of VApers... Have you ever tried Haddo's Delight?

Welcome Scott, glad you decided to join us. Hope to chat with you soon.

s.ireland":5v3bj920 said:

I like your list of favorite blends! :cheers: Marlin flake is a must for lovers of VApers... Have you ever tried Haddo's Delight?
Thanks! I have not .... Thanks for another new blend to add to the vast shopping list.

Scott

kodos44":qmjh8fex said:
s.ireland":qmjh8fex said:

Thanks! I have not .... Thanks for another new blend to add to the vast shopping list.

Scott
Shoot me a PM. I have several tins from all the way back to 2000 (the year it was introduced. I happen to have a tin from the first run) I'll send you some to try :)