New Mora Neck Knife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just talked myself into yet another new knife. This time a supremely practical neck knife made by Mora of Sweden. They call it the Eldris. Sandvik 12C27 Stainless, Scandi Grind. $23 and free shipping on Amazon. Feels really good in the hand, very solid and secure. Blade is just 2.2" long.

It comes in about 5 or 6 colors. I liked the red best, so that's what I got.

Want to know more? Google it or do a search on uTube.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/FT12648/morakniv-eldris-pocket-size-fixed-12c27-blade-red-polypropylene-handle-plastic-sheath

FT12648.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 500px

That it is. It cannot be beat for the price.

It reminds me of the hard working Roselli knives from Finland made from proprietary high carbon steel. They have a number of designs with that very short, thick blade. Good as a carving blade too.

Here is one of those Roselli knives...

r231.jpg

And the Roselli page from Ragweed Forge. I LOVE these knives. I buy the blades to use in the knives I make.

https://www.ragweedforge.com/RoselliCatalog.html

And the bare blades:

https://www.ragweedforge.com/BladeCatalog.html#Roselli_blades

r231b.jpg

The Knife Center is near where I have restaurants in VA. I've visited a few times to pick up a knife, a very cool place!
I rec'd the same email this AM...must resist.....too many knives...

Blackhorse":4ipq8qev said:
The same email?
They send out an email newsletter weekly (or so).  It's a great way to lighten your wallet...
The email this morning featured this Mora neck-knife.

Neck Knife = small knife carried on a lanyard around one's neck...so as to be instantly ready for use when needed. Frequently used by fishermen, hikers, farm workers, boaters, Starbucks baristas...etc.

Blackhorse":ovag1a1z said:
Neck Knife = small knife carried on a lanyard around one's neck...so as to be instantly ready for use when needed. Frequently used by fishermen, hikers, farm workers, boaters, Starbucks baristas...etc.
I have one, though I can't stand to wear it. But I can see how the name might have other connotations. ;)

92E2B34D-8CB5-4103-BBDD-48A99E9939C5_zpsvn9tydi2.jpg
" /> It's a Cold Steel Spike, 8 inches long, with a neck scabbard , sharp as a razor.

sorry for the Double post, was trying to understand how to send a pic without useing Photobucket. It was erasedin the original post.

My neck knife is called the Mountain Man Knife made by Daniel Winkler, the blade is Damascus, the action is finger lever and the bolsters are Elk Antler, his wife makes the sheaths out of Bison hide.
banjo

4703807067_eafaf2ec1c_o_d.jpg

Nice knives on display here. I for one, could never get used to the neck knife carry concept for my work as an LEO. It just didn't seem to feel right under a shirt or even over the ballistic vest.

Banjo, I'm a knife guy, thanks for sharing the picture of your neck knife. From what I see in the picture it's not only a looker but a very functional knife. Because of the 15n20 in combination with a good high carbon steel most Damascus blades can be sharpened razor like and hold their edge well. Just keep a fine coat of oil ( I use Rand CLP ) on the blade and you'll have no rust issues.

I wish more people on this board would post pictures of their knives, not that anyone will comment....lol.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Although made to be worn around the neck by Mountain Men, and Women, at Rendezvous Navyflake, it has a belt loop and the neck lanyard is removable.
banjo

Navyflake":e7qviyo6 said:
Nice knives on display here. I for one, could never get used to the neck knife carry concept for my work as an LEO. It just didn't seem to feel right under a shirt or even over the ballistic vest.

Here is a neck knife I made a long time ago, it was a kit where all the materials you need to create the knife was included. I did an acid wash on the blade and made a small Kydex sheath. Knife locks well in the sheath. Small blade but comes in handy. Sorry, not the best lighting.

IAkLzgu.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 500px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Very nice knife Lonecoyote and I truly like smaller knives, as a deer hunter I get a chuckle over some of the knives I see others carry but that's what makes this blue marble interesting.
banjo

In the mean time yins can look at these hunters, and non-hunters, of mine from several era's.

35561822573_4522ae900e_o_d.jpg

36201760382_4008806fa3_o_d.jpg

36201759982_e6b4fb6520_o_d.jpg

36201760152_8c942c5bdf_o_d.jpg

35561822493_0bb50fba1f_o_d.jpg