New Mora Neck Knife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banjo,
 All great looking and functional. Thanks for sharing. One day I need to take some more of my Knife pictures and post them. I have one under DIY I completed recently and I think I received 2 responses. Hardly worth the time to post if many are not interested. But, I know you are so that's all that counts.

PS
The knife on the bottom of my threads/posts I made a while back. It hangs on a wall in my bedroom.

― Clementine von Radics
This knife in its sheath
xnRJdyv.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 500px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

That's a sweetheart Lonecoyote, I use the portion of the deer antler at the base from drops I've found and use them as buttons on my vintage black powder possibles bag that I made with a combination of cowhide, sheep hide and sheepskin with wool still attached, used deer sinew to sew it all up. My new custom built inline requires less stuff to carry though.
banjo

thanks Blackhorse

I know your a knife guy also and appreciate the good stuff.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Here is a 22" Fantasy knife/sword I made a while back. The pommel is made up of polished African Cats Eye stones. The solid brass guard was hand cut and filed, also the polished stones are on both sides of the guard. The blade was made from an oversized piece of 440C Stainless Steel, which today is expensive. The handle ( which was made to fit my hand and fingers perfectly ) is made from African Olive Wood Root. Was hand cut by me during my travels. Extremely smooth finish with 8 coats of Tung Oil and 10 hours of drying time between coats. Took almost a month for the Tung Oil to cure properly. Finished with 2000 grit wet sandpaper.

It's a BIG knife that lays next to me under my bed, at one time hung on a wall prior to me moving. The knife weighs a whopping 6 lbs. 6.2 oz.
Many knife makers create a fantasy knife for their collection, this particular one I made was from materials I had on hand.

You really can not totally appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of this knife in a picture. It needs to be seen 3 dimensional.

Kivm5SY.jpg" style="width: 1000px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

That is totally cool Lonecoyote. All my knives mean a lot to me but one you make yourself is just extra special. There is one knife in my photos that never left my side for a year and I'm sure you can pick it out. During training we were told it could cut through the skin of a helicopter if needed using the saw edge, never had to try it thankfully and it's one of the few things I kept from that experience. Ciao.
banjo

Banjo,
 Ummmm, let me guess...

4KlId5h.jpg" style="width: 800px;height: 400px

sent you a PM yesterday

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Good guess and the green cording is parachute cord from inside of an M79 pop flare parachute.
banjo

Lonecoyote":1xmoovgr said:
Banjo,
 Ummmm, let me guess...

4KlId5h.jpg" style="width: 800px;height: 400px

sent you a PM yesterday

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

When I dig it out of my safe I will post my Special Forces knife. Yours is a superb survival knife!! Not like the CRAP they sell today.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!