New/Old Pipe Stand

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
Now that I've acquired a few pipes...I needed a rack to store them. I found this cherry wood piece on Ebay for $7, $13 shipped. The holes were a little fussy for my bent stems. So, I broke out the jigsaw and carefully cut the holes into a nice u-shape. A little shade-tree carpenters friend, ie: Old English rubbed into the cuts brought it all together. That's an old walnut smokers table we salvaged from a junk pile about 20 years ago. The wife stores light bulbs/candles in it (oh, the shame..) but at least some nice pipes are now sitting on top.

very nice addition.....pretty handy with a jigsaw if I must say so. :cheers:

hobie1dog":3bfb1l2f said:
very nice addition.....pretty handy with a jigsaw if I must say so. :cheers:
Old English is definitely my friend, but the cuts came out pretty neatly. (I'm no carpenter....)

Very nice rr. I have a custom made stand for 12 pipes in cherrywood that one of my local guys made for me.

Sorry no pics as I don't have a digital camers.

Cheers,

RR

Nice modification. That table has sparked a little creative thinking....Thanks ;)

Sadly, the table is not stuffed with tobacco & supplies, but my wifes window candles....

riff raff":wzs2ksxi said:
Sadly, the table is not stuffed with tobacco & supplies, but my wifes window candles....
Perhaps some negotiations are in order!
Appears the lower section would hold quite a few tins or jars.

I'm thinking more of an eviction....

Krusty":golsif4l said:
riff raff":golsif4l said:
Perhaps some negotiations are in order!
Appears the lower section would hold quite a few tins or jars.

Krusty":4tsl01at said:
??
You, the wife or just the candles (-;
Ah, good catch, I'm pretty fond of the wife, so just the candles.
Hmm, perhaps you did chose the correct word "negotiations" after all.......

Nice table. Just replace all the bulbs in your house, and put candles all over the house(under some romantic pretext) and you should be able to take back your tobacco cellar! :pirat:

I've started making my move, slowly - candles out, tobacco in...
We've had that stand for probably 25 years. The top piece of walnut was in bad shape, my wife's uncle cut and installed a new piece staining it to match. A friend gave it to us because he was never going to get around to redoing it. It is a favorite piece, even more so now that I'm am really smoking and have supplies.