New Pen Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamCordray

Reaction score
So my parents aren't really fond of my pipe smoking... I mean they can appreciate the art in some of the pipes, and the desire to slow down and enjoy life's quiet moments. But neither of them smoke and can't get past the undertones of health risk etc. My mom has made it clear there will be no gifting of pipes/tobacco for holidays or birthdays. This year for my birthday, they did something unusual and gave me a small bit of cash, so to honor their wishes I resisted the urge to put it towards a new pipe and instead bought a shiny new writing instrument from the good folks at Goulet.

A TWSBI Eco EF white is now speeding it's way my direction, and I couldn't be more excited! Here's a pic of a similar pen inked up with J. Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor (picture from "From the Pen Cup" blog).

I picked up a few samples of ink, including J. Herbin Perle Noire, Noodler's Heart of Darkness, Robert Oster Thunderstorm, and Rohrer & Klinger Verdigris. I hope to make this my main pen at work, so I need a solid black or blue/black ink and the EF nib will allow me to write small on a crowded patient list or my notebook. Also few maintenance items to accompany the pen and inks, some brass sheets, micro mesh, and a couple samples of the pen flush.

Brief update, I got the TWSBI and inked it up with the Robert Oster Thunderstorm. The TWISBI eco is a fantastic pen and now I wish I had bought a few of the limited edition 580al colors. Such is the sentiment of missed opportunities and feeling left out whenever you find something you like and it's no longer available (luckily I don't have to feel too bad about McClelland's).
Anyway... the Thunderstorm ink is a fantastic blue. Will probably become one I use very often, even if it's not waterproof or permanent. If I'm writing prescriptions I want a permanent ink, but since I'm working entirely in the ICU these days, the number of prescriptions Ive written over the past year could easily be counted on two hands.

Great list of inks BH, thanks. I’ll be adding a few samples to my next order