new pipe rack and ashtray

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kale1984

Reaction score
hey here's some pictures of the pipe rack i just finished. The top board is birds eye maple and the bottom some exotic purple heart. with a railroad spike that i machined a thread on and bead blasted then returned the natural finish to. I made a pair, one for myself and the other for my wife's cousin.

As for the ashtray, I've been looking for months for something i liked. Then one day my wife and I were walking through winners and I came across a egg cup/bowl made from olive wood and I loved it. with a little bit of time, tools and sand paper, I was able to modify the egg cup portion to fit my brigham as a nice pipe rest.

I have always hesitated to throw away wine or whiskey corks, and now I understand why!

The railroad spike is genius as well! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

thanks guys. it was my first attempt at making a rack at all. i'm pretty happy with it. as for the railroad spikes I've used those for a couple projects already so it just seemed a natural choice for me to use. I've made a couple tampers for espresso machines, and i made some bottle openers out of the spikes as well as some 2 piece crib boards (birds ye maple/purple heart as well) as a gift for my groomsmen at my wedding in september.