New pipe rack, finally.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice racks for the price of a decent pipe.

tonys pipe racks

Appears the concave cutouts are done by putting the base in a firm cast iron jig on a good size drill press using a forstner bit. To get that quality of cut, the jig alone would cost more than what the rack cost.

Richard Burley":bj2t62tz said:
Photo above, Kyle, et al. Figured it out.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Great rack, sir! Displays them on the bias, that's cool!

Yes, very nice indeedy. Same goes for your collection. Woa.

I really like that rack. Most I see don't have the pipes sitting from the side. I really like that you can see the pipes. Very nice!

Truly nice rack. It holds your pipes so to show them off. Like I said truly nice. :D And it looks like you need one more pipe, maybe your smoking that one

Beautiful! Love those profile racks. Been thinking about getting one for a while now.

Frost":58o6i6b0 said:
Beautiful! Love those profile racks. Been thinking about getting one for a while now.
Do it! Richard has one. I got one. We all should have one!

It's really a nice rack, and a great way to show the care and attention given to assembling a fine collection.
Good choice!

Richard,

What pipe is the one on the middle rack in the first spot on the left? The shape and finish really caught my attention because that's the style of pipe I've been looking for.

Thanks for any help,

Zach

Zach, that pipe is a Savinelli Punto Oro 624, and it looks like there might be a KS after the numeral (King Size?). Hard to tell, because the space for a stamp is somewhat limited. It's not a large size, particularly, so I don't know why it would be stamped so. It is, however, a GREAT smoker, especially with latakia blends. Bought it in the mid-1980s at Cincinnati Tobacconists, I believe.

Richard Burley":amrghhh8 said:
Zach, that pipe is a Savinelli Punto Oro 624, and it looks like there might be a KS after the numeral (King Size?). Hard to tell, because the space for a stamp is somewhat limited. It's not a large size, particularly, so I don't know why it would be stamped so. It is, however, a GREAT smoker, especially with latakia blends. Bought it in the mid-1980s at Cincinnati Tobacconists, I believe.
Thanks for the info! It seems the more I look, the more I'm drawn to the Savinellis, especially because they carry the author/bulldog/bulauthor shape I find so appealing.