New Pipe Refurb!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
I had a group of Adsorba pipes that showed a lot of promise but some of them had quite the ugly outside.

Even though I could tell they were good briar, some of them had an ugly stain/lacquer on the outside of the bowl. This might honestly be the prettiest refurb I have done so far. The briar itself on this piece is amazing. The grain is so gorgeous! Anyways, here are the goods, from start to finish! PM me if any of you gents are interested in it!

81410.jpg

81510.jpg

81710.jpg

82510.jpg

82610.jpg

82710.jpg

Nice little pipe that K, and a great resto! Interesting patterning on the bowl too. Was that natural do you think K, or was it created in production?

Great job highlighting the grain on that pipe! It's a real looker now. :shock: :D

Kaitlyn, great restoration. You made the grain POP, excellent work. I'm looking forward to passing the 30 days so I can post some of my pipe restores and some custom pipes and tampers I've made.
Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your pictures :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! The red was so dark and there was a bubbling lacquer on the bowl, so I really had NO IDEA the grain was so gorgeous underneath!

I just saw this thread - very lovely Kaitlyn! You sure plucked a diamond out of the rough there!

Excellent save there. Sometimes there is real beauty lurking under some of the nastiest crud. Looking forward to seeing how the others in that batch clean up.

Jim