New Pipe Smoker in Alabama

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipePuffer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a 36 year old guy who picked up pipe smoking a few months ago. I had never smoked tobacco before but always wanted to give pipe smoking a go. I am thoroughly enjoying the hobby so far.

I grew up near one of Europe's major pipe making centers. Several older gents in my family smoked the pipe. The smell of pipe tobacco takes me straight back to my childhood.

I started with aromatics but quickly moved into Englishes. Favorites (so far) include Samuel Gawith's squadron leader, McClelland's frog morton on the town and Peterson's old Dublin. I really enjoy bolder flavors. I still smoke aromatics when the mood strikes or when I have company.

Pipe-wise, I've already acquired a dozen pipes including 2 Castelos, 2 Savinellis, 1 Il Ceppo, 1 Morrel, 3 Petersons, 1 Viprati, 1 Nording and 1 Stanwell. Oh yeah, I may be developing a serious case of PAD/TAD. ;)

Looking forward to learn more from this great community.

Welcome! This is a great group of people, you should really enjoy coming here.

Welcome

Looks like you have already invested in some great hardware. Are you amassing a stockpile of tobacco as well?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

onabullit":61lwpi5r said:
Are you amassing a stockpile of tobacco as well?
I am still tasting various tobaccos to find out what I like and what I don't like, but I have stocked up on a few "staples". Perhaps I will post a few pictures of my modest cellar when I am done organizing it.

Welcome!
By the way...i"m fairly new to pipes, too. But what is "PAD/TAD"? I see that written everywhere with no explanation.

Welcome and enjoy! Lots here for a pipe smoker or collector or someone that is both.

Skip