New Pipe Video Blog

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalanpipes

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I know I joined this forum a while back, but have apparently lost the login info. Hence the new name. At any rate, i wanted to invite you all to view the first pipe-related video that I've posted to my blog. I have been trying to build a database of reflections on pipes, pipemaking, restoration, design and other related topics that are of particular and general interest. Please stop by the blog to view this video and let me know what you think about it. If you have interests or recommendations that you'd like to see added to future entries in text or video, please contact me to let me know.

Happy puffing,

Jeff

Jeff, very nice video. Thanks for the chance to see your wonderful pipes take shape. I for one will be watching each installment. Welcome aboard.....

Best, Dan

Thanks for the welcome back, Dan. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. If you have any topics or ideas for future installments, please let me know. I want to make the blog and vlog something that is generally useful and interesting to people in the hobby.

Best,

Jeff

great blog.. things i'd like to see, video on staining and blasting. maybe one of you picking a block for a certain shape, why that block over that, sorta stuff.

rejects/shop pipes
work shop
talk about some pipes in your collection
other guys work you admire

Jeff,

I'd like to see how the stummel is drilled after the shape has been rough out. I'm a tool and die maker and I would approach drilling the holes from a block to ensure that all lined up, I never would have imagined that you could drill them freehand so to speak.
Looking forward to the next installment. Jeff your work is amazing and I hope to add one of your pipes to my collection soon....

I'll definetly want to keep track on this. I'm very interested in starting to carve my own and any bit of know how will help.

:)

It's great to get the suggestions. I'll see what I can do. The requests keep pouring in, so I'll try and answer as many as are reasonable to respond to in due time. Keep posted and I'll keep posting...

Best,

Jeff