new pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipe dreamer

Reaction score
my new rhodesian boswell arrived, cant put it down.this has helped my p.a.d till my new nanna ivarson (euro. version)and hexagon stanwell arrives.I have to thank Danish pipe guy for this or i never would have looked.My wife was more excited than I over the Boswell.Even took a puff or two and doesnt smoke.said the boswell (DAN Boswell)no bite was her favorite?25 years of marriage and this has never happened.Well what the hell I deserve it.The Boswell is still posted on Boswells sight and the stanwells are on Estervals house of pipes.Thank you again DANISH PIPE GUY.Good puffing to the release of pipe angels.

You've made some EXCELLENT choices there P.D. I own both style "Nanwells" and the Euro version is my favorite of the lot. If it came with a filter adaper (a small plastic tube sticking out of the end of the tenon) I'd suggest pulling it out. For me, the pipe smokes better with a wide open draw. Of course, YMMV. The smaller bowl capacity makes it an excellent choice for a flake pipe.

Ya' did good my man! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

If it came with a filter adaper (a small plastic tube sticking out of the end of the tenon) I'd suggest pulling it out. For me, the pipe smokes better with a wide open draw.
Second that.

One fringe benefit of old-time pipes (my favorites, on balance) (not having a Castello budget, but even so) is that they were frequently made with their shanks bored out for the metal "fittiments"/"stingers" (&c) that were popular then. At times they can approach the diameter of some old straight (and quarter-bent) Petersons that were nevertheless made with condensation chambers. (As I recall, 106s are still made this way, but at least some 80Ss were also). (Maybe all 80Ss are ?)

They require occasional maintenance with a rolled-up kleenex to remove the accumulated tar gunk, but, if anything, seem to improve the taste.

YMMV

:face: