New Rack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a woodworker makes pipes racks in his free time. He brought one to our pipe club meeting today for me. I love it! Figured walnut. It holds two seven-day sets (14 pipes) and has a drawer in the bottom as well as a tray for tins, keys, cellphone whatever. It's hard to tell from my crappy pictures how nice the detail is.

463bb012.jpg

861c2e9b.jpg

That is a very nice piece Shane. You can tell a pipe smoker made it, the square recesses for the pipes to sit in are of the right size and not too small (usually smallish ovals). I would have grabbed one of them myself.

I really like the way the bottom of the rack is designed. Very cool! 8)

Just package up the top row of pipes and send 'em my way. You'll be needing the room for more pipes...just wanna help.

:lol!:

Very handsome furniture. Your friend does nice work.
Is that a Heeschen "P" on the top shelf?

Harlock999":yspykrrz said:
Yes it is. A superb smoker. :)

Eric, if I ever need the room you'll have first pick off that top row :p

Kyle, i would have no problem shipping one to you if you ever decide to pick one up. Custom orders would be no problem!

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen. I couldn't be more pleased with the rack... Spent almost an hour earlier just staring at it haha :cheers:

s.ireland":z0gjj7cp said:
Harlock999":z0gjj7cp said:
Yes it is. A superb smoker. :)
Nice!
I need one.
Well, I want one.
Need is hard to justify. :cheers:

I know what you mean, Chris. I've been trying to need/justify a Heeschen bent egg or Dublin for the past year. I really dig his shaping. He will be in Vegas... Is that enough justification for us? :twisted:

s.ireland":thafo028 said:
I know what you mean, Chris. I've been trying to need/justify a Heeschen bent egg or Dublin for the past year. I really dig his shaping. He will be in Vegas... Is that enough justification for us? :twisted:
Yes!
I mean, the man has to make a living, right? 8)

Quite interesting rack and not very usual. I like it a lot. I haven't bought any pipes lately, otherwise I would be asking for your fried's phone number :D

That's a nice piece of pipe furniture you have there Shane, I lust love the look of those kinds of pipe racks. I see you have some Bobs Chocolate Flake there...how is that blend?

If any of the brothers are interested in his pipe racks, just shoot me a PM. It's more of a hobby of his so no website but Id be happy to take pictures of what he has available or pass along a custom order :)

PipeLeisure":fxz7jwzs said:
That's a nice piece of pipe furniture you have there Shane, I lust love the look of those kinds of pipe racks. I see you have some Bobs Chocolate Flake there...how is that blend?
So recently I was able to try both SG's Mayors Chocolate flake and Bob's Chocolate from G&H.

I give the edge to Bob's. It's sooo good! Smells great in the tin and the sidestreem/roomnote are wonderful. As far as tasting like chocolate, it is more pronounced when the flakes are folded and stuffed. Rubbed out I detect no chocolate but the flavor I do get is amazing! Wonderful leaf used is a given. I like flakes that taste completely different when folded or rubbed... it gives you options. I almost killed that tin already so I need to buy a pound or two for the cellar