New Savinelli...but what to put in it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentientchimp

Reaction score
I recently purchased a somewhat odd shaped Savinelli. It's a 320 shape, from the Sistine line, with a nice rusticated finish. It's kind of short and chubby, for lack of a better description. Any suggestions for what tobacco would pair nicely with a pipe of this shape?
Much thanks,
TF
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2217_54108053

What a gorgeous Sav! If that were my pipe, I would definitely break it in with either Rattrays 7 medium, or Frog Morton On The Town. Congrats on a great clencher, with a voluminous bowl capacity! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A good looking pipe.

I would break it in with a Virginia / Burley while deciding its future. But I always find that I end up smoking Balkan / English / Oriental blends in my rusticated pipes. It has never been a concious decision but just the way things worked out.

Sav 320s are smoking machines, I usually smoke a virginia flake or blend in mine. Its a popular shape alot of brothers have them.

Looks like a Dark Twist pipe to me, but.... so many of 'em do. :lol:

I've had my Venezia 320 ks for over a year and I only smoke latakia blends in it. Frog Morton for sure will smoke like a champ in this pipe. Just fill 'er up and enjoy a good 45 min to an hour in your favorite smoking chair.

flytyer":7ixij21w said:
Sav 320s are smoking machines, I usually smoke a virginia flake or blend in mine. Its a popular shape alot of brothers have them.
Congratulations on chosing a Sav 320. You won't regret it

I have one and it's happy with anything I feed it! I've dedicated mine to VA's and VaPers because that's my "staple food" at present.

This is the driest smoking pipe I've ever seen. Whatever I smoke in it, the heel is always as dry as cork when I've finished.

:bounce: I LOVE SAVINELLI PIPES :bounce:

I've gotta get me a 320 shape I have been admiring them for a while. Heard they are great smokers and they look awesome too!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to devote this one to flake tobacco for now, since all I ever seem to smoke are English blends and I've been looking for an excuse to try something new.

BriarBrad":dblqcqym said:
Nice 320, I just ordered the Cup O Joes special edition 320 yesterday.
Wow, nice looking pipe. I might have to make a hobby out of collecting these 320s; I like each one I see more than the last!

KevinM":1uxwp39p said:
Chubby is nice. Gives you something to latch onto.
Yeah, chubby ones just feel better in my mouth for some reason.

Sasquatch":vh1j8due said:
Looks like a Dark Twist pipe to me, but.... so many of 'em do. :lol:
Remembered this when I was at the tobacco store earlier and couldn't decide what to buy. I'm smoking some Dark Twist roll cake in it right now and it's great stuff. Thanks!