New Sherlok Holmes Movie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":pihcfzrd said:
I plan to go see the movie this week and I will give my review of it and settle the matter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Mark, Take Leroy with you and get him to review it for us.

I'm planning to see it this week as well, Looks like a fun movie to me. I saw Rob Downey Jr. on Letterman this week talking about it.
I'm excited.

Sounds like I will wait for the DVD. I am a fan of AC-D stories and will most likely be disappointed that the characters bear little resemblance to the originals. Still, I will try to dissociate the stories from the movie and see if I can enjoy it on that level.... once they are released on DVD.

-Andrew

EJinVA":lhubh6vc said:
Justpipes":lhubh6vc said:
I plan to go see the movie this week and I will give my review of it and settle the matter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Mark, Take Leroy with you and get him to review it for us.
Are you kidding me...........Leroy was working security on the set while the movie was being made!

By the way, he said that Rachel McAdams was Hot! :oops:

As a big Sherlock fan, I was actually surprised how much I liked it. Hollywood has ruined so many of my favorites the last few years, but the way they 're-imagined' Sherlock was perfect. From the first scene with Sherlock planning his attack, I was hooked. And the ending showed the pure genius of Mr. Holmes.

The Janitor

The Janitor":mo8mohz8 said:
As a big Sherlock fan, I was actually surprised how much I liked it. Hollywood has ruined so many of my favorites the last few years, but the way they 're-imagined' Sherlock was perfect. From the first scene with Sherlock planning his attack, I was hooked. And the ending showed the pure genius of Mr. Holmes.

The Janitor
Thanks for the positive spin on a classic. I can't wait to see it. That is what I have heard others comment on of the sheer genius of Holmes in the movie. You have to remember that even in some of the books some of Holmes habits and pursuits were less than respectable.

I got the chance to go see the movie today. Awesome!!! Absolutely awesome!!!

I agree with Dock and Janitor on this one. The way that they portrayed Holmes and Watson was brilliant. I didn't think it was that far off from the character in Sir Conan Doyle's books. There was a slight 21st century spin but I expected it. And how about Irene Adler using Holme's pipe for an explosive device with the shank as the fuse! Outstanding movie! It will drive me crazy waiting for the next one!

I saw the movie last week. I am a huge Holmes fan so I am happy to see anything new come out on the big screen (or small for that matter).

Holmes portrayal was a bit rough around the edges, less intellectual than most versions. Jude Law played an excellent Watson - maybe one of the best. The movie didn't take as much from the books as I would have liked. For what it is, a hollywood attempt to make an already well developed character more modernized, it was ok. (But why do that?) Good to see the interest in the character again anyway.

As a Holmes fan I rate it maybe 4/10. As a movie fan I rate it 6.5/10.

I got to see the movie last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I am a Sherlock Holmes fan although I cannot quote chapter and verse on the novels. Jude Law was one of the better Dr. Watson's I have seen. I would really like to see Downey and Law do a newer version of the Hounds of the Baskerville's. All in all I would give the movie at least a 7 out of 10 for a Sherlock Holmes movie and a 9 out of 10 for being an entertaining movie in general. Just my two cents worth.

Finally got to see it yesterday afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
I agree with others that Downey and Law played their parts excellently.
I especially liked the part where Holmes was in deep thought on a matter, struggling for a solution, then whipped out his pipe lit it up, and quickly came up with a solution.
Also the part where he jumped from the building into the river; the first thing out of the water was the pipe.
I can't wait till part 2.