new smoker and forumite from Colorado

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boolapientry

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm a new smoker (never smoked anything but the extremely rare hookah). I've entertained an interest in pipe smoking for a while but never had the "courage", if it may so be called, to start. I was at an antique shop recently and found a Yellow Bole briar of some description for nine u.s. dollars and bought it. I tramped over to the local tobacco shop and was counseled in tobacco fundamentals and picked a shop blend. Find smoking to be a delightful pastime while still learning packing and proper lighting technique.

I've read some threads here and it seemed like I can learn a lot from everyone. I'm glad to be here.

Greetings from Michigan.. We don't have your snow yet but seems it will come soon.. You have a great start it sounds like.. You will find many blends online also.. Just read up and enjoy the Brothers here.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome! "Still learning" is exactly what I'm doing too, and you can pick up some good info here.

welcome! you can find lots of past threads to answer about any question you'd have, or start another!

Always nice to have a new pipeman. You'll have ups and downs but stick with it and find your comfort zone.

Welcome and it's a very good place for info and nice people to boot!

Skip

yvesmary":yjxufcqo said:
Always nice to have a new pipeman. You'll have ups and downs but stick with it and find your comfort zone.
Indeed.

Welcome.