New son in law (to be) and pipe intro

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
My middle daughter is in the navy, serving her second stint. She's getting married next month, he's in the navy as well, an engineer. Just met him for the first time today. We were just sitting around shooting the BS and my daughter says"Guess what dad, Derek likes tea and tobacco just like you".

:) say what??

He proceeds to tell me about a briar he owns and a meerschaum he bought overseas, and that he likes aromatic cavendish tobacco.

"Cool" says I. "C'mere, check this out".

My daughter giggled, knowing what was coming. I walked him into my room where my modest collection sits on a bookcase and proceeded to show him a dozen Petersons, a dozen Stanwells, and a good dozen miscellaneous other pieces I own. Then I opened my cellar cabinet where 40 or so very large mason jars full of tobacco sit.

:shock: :D

I think I got me a project :twisted:

His face must have been priceless!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, and thank the both of them for me for their service to the country.

+1 on the thanks for both their service. Good deal that you have at least something in common with the soon to be son in law

+2 PD congrats on the new son in law and have fun passing on your knowledge to him

I was hoping she'd do better but congrats anyway, I guess..

Kinda hard to threaten a kid that plays with Nuke subs and aircraft carriers, and cruise missiles..

puros_bran":5v7z9i90 said:
I was hoping she'd do better but congrats anyway, I guess..

Kinda hard to threaten a kid that plays with Nuke subs and aircraft carriers, and cruise missiles..
:lol: yeah, I'm a little too od and broke down anymore to be threatening anyone anyway, even the dirtbags. The way I see it, if you're almost 30 and you can't figure it out by now (a douchebag when you see one) you get what you deserve.

These days, the fact that I didn't just slam the door in his face and go back inside is an endorsement. He's actually a good guy, owns a home, seems bright, treats her well, isn't a dick. Good enough for me.

(in my best wife voice) There was plenty of good Kentucky Folk I could have arranged a marriage with... You did at least get a camel and a goat in trade? I probably could of got a bale of tobacco and some bottom land as cute as she is (thank god she took after her momma) but No.. you let her go galavanting all over God's creation bringing home who knows what.... And you think that tea and tobacco wasn't staged.. sheeesh your as dumb as my mother said you were.. I knew I shoulda married that Gates kid!

Seriously PD, I wish good upon them. I know how proud you are of her because you've shared her accomplishments with us down through the years. She has a couple thousand crazy uncles and I might be the happiest for her. She deserves it, she's good people.

Thanks PB, and thanks brothers.

I didn't care about the camel or the goat, I just made sure he signed the No Returns policy ;)

Just go easy with the impulse to be thrusting burley at him every time he turns around. That'd be enough to put anybody off.

Reminds me of Mrs. Yak's mother making me eat a piece of her egg custard pie the first time they had me over for dinner.

Even kept insisting I have a second piece. :barf:

How on earth I ever got that gagged down and kept it there still puzzles me, but I managed.

:face:

Hah, that's great PD!! I hope my daughter brings home someone like that someday. 8)

Yeah, don't introduce him to straight burley blends until after the wedding.

Cool story...and a potentially awesome future for the Puff-D Family.

Congrats PD, that is fantastic! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations! I come from a Navy family myself. Please give them my best wishes on their wedding and my gratitude for their service.

Congrats to your daughter and your family PD. You must be a proud dad. Well, at least you know what to get him for a wedding present.

BTW - Go Army! Beat Navy! :cheers:

Sorry - can't help myself. :D