New Tamper Design

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
I've been working on a new tamper design, just thought I'd share and see what the brothers think, materials are acrylic with a polished aluminum base and one is made completely of aluminum. The weight and balance of this last batch seems perfect, the tampers I made out of solid brass were a tad on the heavy side.

DSCN3306.jpg

Those are pretty sharp man! Really dig the turquoise looking one.

Your tampers look great! I really dig the green one, looks like malachite.

Danny, these are awesome! Very well made indeed! I'd love one but would want it to be far more narrow and long since I smoke alot of deep bowled pipes. I have a favorite dunhill which is about as thin as a writing pen. I use it everyday....

Thanks for all the positive input guys, the green tamper is made from acrylic that's supposed to look like turquoise, its my favorite as well.

Really dig those tampers. The turquoise one is a real work of art.
That's a handsome pipe you've got there as well.
Toon

I love everything on the picture all are works of art thanks for sharing
Best Regards
Richard

Richard Hester":lwgszrvi said:
I love everything on the picture all are works of art thanks for sharing
Best Regards
Richard
Awesome!! I'm right across town, how much do you want for one? I still stay we need to start a Syracuse Pipe Smokers club. It's tumbleweeds here compared to all the action in Albany. :D

Again thanks for all the positive comments, I really didn't plan on selling the tampers. I've been making tampers for years just for my personal use but it wasn't until I saw the Ming Kahuna article in P&T magazine that I even considered using acrylic so I made these as a small tribute to Art's amazing tampers.

Shadrack, I agree there should be a Central NY Pipe club, I think Mallards in Syracuse had a club years ago. It's definitely something we should look into.

Midnight Blues":nzgtnxj4 said:
Shadrack, I agree there should be a Central NY Pipe club, I think Mallards in Syracuse had a club years ago. It's definitely something we should look into.
Every year I go up to "The Little Big Smoke" @ Barbagallo's (6344 E Molloy Rd East Syracuse, NY) They allow cigar smoking in their location for the event.

Why not have a Pipe Club / Event there? I'm sure they could use the business. The food is decent and they have reasonable prices.

PS: They had Eric Nording there a couple of years back................

DoverPipes":95eovlsg said:
Midnight Blues":95eovlsg said:
Every year I go up to "The Little Big Smoke" @ Barbagallo's (6344 E Molloy Rd East Syracuse, NY) They allow cigar smoking in their location for the event.

Why not have a Pipe Club / Event there? I'm sure they could use the business. The food is decent and they have reasonable prices.

PS: They had Eric Nording there a couple of years back................
Cool! Thanks for the tip. :cheers: Finding a place to hold it were you can smoke is probably the hardest part of putting something like this together.

Dan,
As promised, here are some pics of the tamper you sent to me. It is the perfect size for my new pipe. I LOVE IT!!!! It is a paneled billiard with a cumberland stem by Tim Thorpe. It's a decent sized pipe that has a very nice blast. I think Tim Thorpe is doing some really nice stuff. I have also bought other pipes from him, but this is my current favorite.

Thanks Again, you are a true gentleman & a "Brother of Briar"!!!!

We'll call this: "Dover on a Sunday Afternoon" enjoy!!!

Sean, Great photo's! Seems like a perfect fit , glad you like the tamper, use her in good health.

ohhh - these tampers are nice :) like it...
regards
daniel