New to BoB from Colorado

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeGeek

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

I've been smoking pipes on and off for about 10 years. My hobby was curtailed by my wife until our unfortunate split last year. I've renewed my interest in the hobby over the last week or so and rediscovered the joy of the pipe. I have 4 pipes now (up from 2!) and have started trying various tobaccos. I don't have a lot of money to spend at the moment but I'm doing my best to make every dollar count.

My biggest hurdles right now are the house I rent (can't smoke inside) and my kids (don't want to smoke around them). So far they haven't kept me from enjoying a pipe, and I'm doing my best to keep it that way.

It's great to find a forum of fellow pipe smokers on the web!

Welcome to BoB! I hope you enjoy your time here reading and posting

"T"

Greetings from Michigan, Pipegeek. Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you and I have similar stories to tell. I strayed from the pipe for most of a decade during my marriage. Not curtailed, exactly, more like diverted. My wife was a cigarette smoker and I got back into that habit. I've been back on the pipe for a little over a year now, since the divorce, and was lucky enough to find this online brotherhood, full of friendly guys with good advice and great humor. Looking forward to your company,
-G

Welcome to the forum, you picked a great forum to join...have fun!!

I know we already made one another's acquaintance over at my intro, but wanted to reiterate that if you haven't checked it out, Edward's in Englewood/South Denver is one helluva resource, and should be quite close to you--I don't make it down nearly as often as I'd like, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a gent of your description in the event that I do!

And, of course, same for you, Dottleman--dunno if you ever make it to our neck of the state, but in the event that you do I imagine you stand out, based on the photo.

GrampaGrossbart":b55h103s said:
I know we already made one another's acquaintance over at my intro, but wanted to reiterate that if you haven't checked it out, Edward's in Englewood/South Denver is one helluva resource, and should be quite close to you--I don't make it down nearly as often as I'd like, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a gent of your description in the event that I do!
I bought my first pipe ever from that Edwards store. :)

You might be interested in reading this thread:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t5310-tobacco-shops-in-denver