New to the BoB, Time to get educated on Pipes!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antique Hoosier

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen. I'm Mike and I live in Tampa, Florida finally getting around to exploring the world of pipes at the ripe old age of 48! I have had an interest for some time now but have not pulled the trigger on an involvement until now. I trust from lurking prior to registering that I have found one of the better places on the net. Growing up in rural Indiana, both my father and grandfather smoked pipes. I'm looking forward to getting off to a good start and developing a knowledge and enjoying the smoking of a pipe. I will appreciate any advice and help along the way. Now, its time to read and search and ask some questions from experienced Brothers of Briar!

Hello and welcome! There is much knowledge to be gained for sure.

Welcome to BoB. I am a noob here too. I am from Indiana too, but I live near Philadelphia now.

Thank you Gentlemen! I am hoping to check out Edwards Pipe & Tobacco here in Tampa soon. They have 40 years of service under their belt and supposedly a really excellent selection of pipes and custom blended tobacco. Tampa is primarily a Cigar town of course.... but I'm told that Manny at Edwards is a real pipe guru! Thanks again for the warm welcome! Mike

Antique Hoosier":pt33pwna said:
Thank you Gentlemen! I am hoping to check out Edwards Pipe & Tobacco here in Tampa soon. They have 40 years of service under their belt and supposedly a really excellent selection of pipes and custom blended tobacco. Tampa is primarily a Cigar town of course.... but I'm told that Manny at Edwards is a real pipe guru! Thanks again for the warm welcome! Mike
Edward's in Tampa is an awesome shop! I have visited it a few times. The one in Lakeland is great too if you can get other there. They both will point you in the right direction. The Edward's House pipes are excellent values. Also, another great shop near you in Sarasota is Bennington's. Benningtons Website It is a great pipe shop and they have some excellent house blends.

Good to have you onboard Mike!! Don't be afraid to ask questions. We won't bite. This bunch is always very willing to help out our fellow brothers. Enjoy the voyage, it is definitely worth the price of admission.

Thanks gentlemen! I really have enjoyed searching the BoB database and learning learning learning. I love the search function on forums, but I may occassionally have a question for the "elders" in this hobby. I'm just hopeful that I can control my acquisition disorders when it comes to pipes!

Antique Hoosier":vr4dj8pu said:
I'm just hopeful that I can control my acquisition disorders when it comes to pipes!
You might as well forget that! :lol:

Antique Hoosier":negnd5h2 said:
I'm just hopeful that I can control my acquisition disorders when it comes to pipes!
We may need to start a support group or something for this. I am relapsing a bit.