New username.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UkuleleDude67

Reaction score
When I first joined BoB, I was in the radio business, over 30 years. I have since been burned by corporate radio.

All 30 years I have taught music and theatre as a hobby after 10 years of struggling in NYC.

I am now a professional teaching artist and use the ukulele in my classrooms.

Hence, I and now UkuleleDude67 thought this would be a better and more indicative of my forward trajectory. Goodbye RadioDude67.

My son loved the ukelele and was friends with Ukelele Ike. They traded a lot of emails, early transcriptions and sheet music, early recordings, wax cylinders and so on. Me, I don't know much about this stuff but maybe you do.

My son loved the ukelele and was friends with Ukelele Ike. They traded a lot of emails, early transcriptions and sheet music, early recordings, wax cylinders and so on. Me, I don't know much about this stuff but maybe you do.
Yes. That was from the heyday of ukulele. I am a singer who never could master the piano. I needed a way to accompany my self. Ukulele seemed the smallest and easier choice. Also being a big guy playing a small instrument endeared me to the children. I have 21 matching ukuleles I take to schools and teach them basics over a week and we do a concert on Friday. So much fun. Better than running a 2 million dollar operation. Not as lucrative but still worth it