New Years Pipes you want? 2024

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a NYE resolution type of guy but I will make an effort to get some meer falcon bowls and a real Lee Van Cleef meer this year :)
Love to hear everyone else's wish list pipes. for 2024.

Mike, be a bit careful on getting the Lee Van Cleef meer. I got one from Meershaum Market couple of years ago. Beautiful pipe but smoked hot as hell, as in after 5 minutes so hot I couldn't hold it in my hand. Because they are reputable and I had bought from them before they allowed me to return it for a replacement.

Mike, be a bit careful on getting the Lee Van Cleef meer. I got one from Meershaum Market couple of years ago. Beautiful pipe but smoked hot as hell, as in after 5 minutes so hot I couldn't hold it in my hand. Because they are reputable and I had bought from them before they allowed me to return it for a replacement.
Yeah I remember you saying that mate I more want one for my collection more than as a regular smoker thanks for reminder (y)

I was just able to pick one of my wishlist pipes up a couple days ago. Haven't even smoked it yet. Late last year I picked up my first meer, the SMS that I've posted a couple pictures of, and it's turned out to be one of my favorite pipes. While I was there, I almost purchased another SMS instead, which was a very simple and plain bent apple, that was marked at $70. However, my gal liked the more ornate finish of the one I purchased, so I went that route.

Well, on Sunday we happened to be passing through the town with that tobacconist, and stopped by again. Turns out the $70 was so inexpensive because it was an estate, but the discoloration inside the bowl is so minimal it leads me to suspect only 1 bowl was smoked through it. For the price (compared to the about $170 I paid for the first one), I snatched it right up. No formed case, unfortunately, but if it smokes anything like the first one, I'll be happy to have it.

I plan to search for some kind of padded pipe case on Amazon and keep it as more of a "travel" or "beater" pipe that I'll worry less about taking out since it wasn't as expensive and doesn't feel quite as delicate.

That's it so far for wishlist pipes. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for a Peterson Explorers Tom Crean, and I had seen a Comoy pipe that had a scrimshaw band on the shank that I would jump on if I ever found one in the wild I could afford, but at this point I'm probably more interested in growing my cellar than my pipe collection. I'm pretty happy with what I've curated thus far.

Attachments

• Meers.jpeg
    Meers.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I was just able to pick one of my wishlist pipes up a couple days ago. Haven't even smoked it yet. Late last year I picked up my first meer, the SMS that I've posted a couple pictures of, and it's turned out to be one of my favorite pipes. While I was there, I almost purchased another SMS instead, which was a very simple and plain bent apple, that was marked at $70. However, my gal liked the more ornate finish of the one I purchased, so I went that route.

Well, on Sunday we happened to be passing through the town with that tobacconist, and stopped by again. Turns out the $70 was so inexpensive because it was an estate, but the discoloration inside the bowl is so minimal it leads me to suspect only 1 bowl was smoked through it. For the price (compared to the about $170 I paid for the first one), I snatched it right up. No formed case, unfortunately, but if it smokes anything like the first one, I'll be happy to have it.

I plan to search for some kind of padded pipe case on Amazon and keep it as more of a "travel" or "beater" pipe that I'll worry less about taking out since it wasn't as expensive and doesn't feel quite as delicate.

That's it so far for wishlist pipes. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for a Peterson Explorers Tom Crean, and I had seen a Comoy pipe that had a scrimshaw band on the shank that I would jump on if I ever found one in the wild I could afford, but at this point I'm probably more interested in growing my cellar than my pipe collection. I'm pretty happy with what I've curated thus far.

So jealous RR great read and purchases well done mate!

I collect Connoisseurs and always welcome an addition to that collection. I'm also looking for Peterson's 9BC (not the POY one) and Dunhill Hungarians, shape 591.

How did the replacement do?