Newb Review 2 - P. Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wintermute

Reaction score
Without going into details, my life's been very hectic lately with work, the kids, and add on top of that an ongoing family emergency, I've been stressed out.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Sunny, mid 60's. After doing the obligatory running around for Mother's Day, it was time to tend a chicken that I was smoking on my Weber kettle grill. Perfect excuse to light up some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake - busy enough tending the grill (you can use a kettle grill for real low-n-slow barbeque, but it's somewhat labor intensive), but free enough to lounge around for a bit. I folded two flakes into my Peterson and got to it! Ed. Note: a few Tanq-n-tonics accompanied this activity.

This was a deeply satisfying smoke! The predominant flavor coming through for this newb was hazelnut, and being a self-respecting German, this was heaven for me. I was warn to take it slow on this one, and in the beginning of the bowl, I puffed away with wreckless abandon - I was loving it, you see - and was awarded with some strong bite. But I slowed way down and everything was okay again. The tobacco was well-behaved when smoked slowly, and even when the pipe was put down for minutes at a time, the cherry was easily coaxed back from the dead through normal draws. The bowl took well over an hour to finish off and I was awarded with a little loose ash that dropped right out of the bowl w/o any scraping, stirring, or tapping.

I plan to buy alot of this. Thanks Messrs. Stokkebye!

I personally feel that Luxury Twist flake is one of those tobaccos that kind of flies under the radar, so to speak. It is pretty under rated, in my opinion. It is of the highest quality, and the twist flakes are wonderful to behold. The taste is sublime, deep, rich, a little sweet. One of my all time faves!

Thanks for the nice review. I love Stokkebye but have not tried the Luxury Twist Flake but you have me chomping at the bit now.