Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2031

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations! You all have gotten me to bite. I have been following these threads and couldn't stand it any longer. This week I purchased and received two Wing Sung 618s. One clear and silver, one red. I also bought some Noodler's Gruene Cactus, and Noodler's Nikita (Khrushchev) Red, which included a free cheapy Noodler's pen.

Then off of Ebay, I bought a Caliarts Ego transparent fountain pen.

And I already have an eye out for a Sailor Sea Glass should I ever come across one. Thank goodness, Goldspot is sold out of them!

Now then, how in the world do I improve this horrible doctor-like chicken scratch? Seriously!

Goodness! Goldspot just got the Sailor 1911 Sea Glass pens back in stock. I would love to get one but just can't swing $200 for myself this close to Christmas.

I got a bottle of noodlers with one of those cheap pens and it became my everyday pen, they are pretty decent and hold TONS of ink. The only draw back is that they do burp kind if often.

D.L.Ruth":6q0xtakl said:
I got a bottle of noodlers with one of those cheap pens and it became my everyday pen, they are pretty decent and hold TONS of ink. The only draw back is that they do burp kind if often.
Thanks! I will try it out.

If you have a pen that burps up ink. Give back a drop or two of ink to the bottle when filling. Do not fill to the max. Proper pen flushing can help to resolve that problem. Or not. And the final thing that happens to me. Sometimes when a pen gets low on ink, it will suddenly burp or dump a fair bit out on me, or the paper. A sign can be a pen writing wetter than normal.

Ink can make all the difference. Some are slick, wet, dry, scratchy, thin, saturated, you name it and there is an ink out there that does it.