Newmister Virginia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I halfheartedly tried some of the Newminster line at the Tinder Box when they got some in...I can't even remember much besides ejecting the leaf from my bowl. It didn't do much for me.

DrumsAndBeer":m1fib305 said:
Nope. Is that the one you recently picked up?
No. I was hoping someone had tried it. MacBaren Blends it.

I was looking at it for a blender. And also if worse comes to worse something to get my local guy to get.

I'll have to pick up some to try.

I have tired some of their English blends and they aren't bad.

No, I did try some of their Superior Navy Flake. I wasn't too impressed and lost interest in the brand as a whole.

Dave_In_Philly":jndan46j said:
No, I did try some of their Superior Navy Flake. I wasn't too impressed and lost interest in the brand as a whole.
Yes - I have to add perique to it to make it interesting. With 20% perique it's not bad :lol: Glad I have a lot of PSLNF

Why would they make it (Newminster) without perique is a mystery to me.

A snuffhouse friend sent me some of the Virginia. It has a decent taste and no bite (for me at least). Better than an OTC.

The cut really should appeal to people that RYO. It smokes fast. I would have no problem smoking it but for a few dollars more I would buy something else.