Next blend, next lovat.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Davidoff Scottish mixture in a Peterson lovat. Great pipe, interesting blend. First bowl, too soon to form any sort of opinion, but it's not bad at all.

Lovely looking briar there PD. Very distinguished. I know the brand but not at all familiar with Davidoff as a producer of baccy.

Brewdude":38vjf0wh said:
Not acquainted with the 'baccy or pipe but that pic resonates on all cylinders! ...Please give us the full report P-diddy!...
Agreed. And just what is that pipe? The blast or whatever it is looks too good for a Pete.

Richard Burley":fi2w6za8 said:
Brewdude":fi2w6za8 said:
Not acquainted with the 'baccy or pipe but that pic resonates on all cylinders! ...Please give us the full report P-diddy!...
Agreed. And just what is that pipe? The blast or whatever it is looks too good for a Pete.
I thought so too, but that is definitely the Peterson "P" on the stem.

The Davidoff tobacco was just sort of "Meh.... :| " Never really shined but wasn't bad either. Flavors were a little thin.

Really nice Pete and very common in Europe.  A few years ago I tried a couple of bowls of this blend and to me it was just " blah ". Never hit that high note for me!
But that Pete is sure a beauty, but than again I'm a fan of all Lovat style pipes. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I've tried their flake medallions. Also kind of "meh". I think they also produce unremarkable cigars of a light to medium nature.

Fantastic Pete by the way. Got all tingly looking at it. I've seen the fisherman series on the net, but never a real pic

Simple Man":v3eexeag said:
<hr />
That's a great looking Peterson. Hopefully one day, one will wander across the pond and end up in my neck of the woods. That would be a hard one to resist!
Keep your eyes open on eBay. I've spotted two of the stunning Pete Lovat pipes up for bid. Definitely my favorite out of all the Pete styles. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Jev":5pdjv91z said:
I've tried their flake medallions. Also kind of "meh". I think they also produce unremarkable cigars of a light to medium nature. 

Fantastic Pete by the way. Got all tingly looking at it. I've seen the fisherman series on the net, but never a real pic
For many years I was hooked on their University Flake back in the 80's to the mid 90's. Now it's one of those blah blends. Still have a few old tins, need to pop one open one day soon. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":wlc42yk8 said:
Simple Man":wlc42yk8 said:
<hr />
That's a great looking Peterson. Hopefully one day, one will wander across the pond and end up in my neck of the woods. That would be a hard one to resist!
Keep your eyes open on eBay. I've spotted two of the stunning Pete Lovat pipes up for bid. Definitely my favorite out of all the Pete styles. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Yeah, definitely going to be on my "to acquire" list for someday.

Lonecoyote said:
Jev":9t43n6nw said:

For many years I was hooked on their University Flake back in the 80's to the mid 90's. Now it's one of those blah blends. Still have a few old tins, need to pop one open one day soon. 

From daviddoff?

The closest you got here in the USA is the good ol' "53" in a Rocky or Donegal finish, of which I have one of each.

Truth be told, close but no cigar.  That Fisherman is the cat's meow.