Nice, but I think my wife would divorce me.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josjor

Reaction score
I've got a hankering to get one of those freehands with a lot or plateau showing. On tonights eBay search I came up with this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Age-Bogelund-Freehand-Pipe-Very-Unique-/160658339748?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item2567fbb7a4

What the heck? I mean, it comes with a free stand, right? Hmmmmmm. I can affore either a pipe or a divorce attorney. Not both.

Still, it's a helluva great looking pipe.

agebogelundpipes002.jpg

Wow, they are seriously fishing with that "Buy It Now" price!
It's a really great looking piece, but not quite deserving of that price tag.
Now if it were a Lars Ivarsson...

Bonds always seem to have overpriced (too me) oddities. I like this one, and hey, free shipping.....

Although the concept is quite interesting and unusual, I find the curves all wrong and the pipe quite ugly. And you can get much nicer pipes for that kind of dough.

Wet Dottle":3uhvv44s said:
Although the concept is quite interesting and unusual, I find the curves all wrong and the pipe quite ugly. And you can get much nicer pipes for that kind of dough.
My thoughts exactly. Not a very attractive piece. I'd rather have several pipes that would blow that one away for the same money

Wet Dottle":tn6a7z7q said:
The price of this piece is not realistic, and I wouldn't compare it to other pipes in the same price range. Usually, these sets by Bari go for between $200-$300, and Age Bogelund carved for Bari. That $7000 price tag puts it in a category usually reserved for Sixten, Lars Ivarsson, and Bo Nordh, and even though Bogelund was a respected carver, he doesn't have the reputation to pull him up into that super elite group, no matter what an optimistic retailer may wish (fish) for.
Otherwise, I've got an $7k Bjarne I'd like you guys to see...