No more Microsoft branded hardware for me

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepbass9

Reaction score
So, after throwing out my 3rd xbox 360 today, I've vowed to never buy another Microsoft branded piece of hardware as long as I live.

Nothing to do with apple vs Microsoft or sony vs Microsoft, but everything to do with Microsoft bringing this piece of crap product to the market. And, more importantly, their entire handling of the situation before, during, and after.

No Microsoft phone, tablet, or any other hardware product will ever be purchased by myself or my family again.

F U Microsoft and your craptacular screw job on the buying public. I'll be purchasing a Sony playstation in the very near future, thank you very much. To date, this makes you, Microsoft, the first company that I feel ever purposefully screwed me. Won't happen again.

No reason to be.subtle about it, tell us.how you.really feel.

FWIW: Hold off a little while. PS4 is coming quickly.

Microsoft eats dog waste.

Had four or five of them. Each lasted about a year and died. Unrecoverable data.

This Apple (OSX 10.5.8) is so old now that they stopped supporting it but it's still going strong.

They're a nightmare to figure out, but they're battleships.

:face:

puros_bran":rawavi2y said:
No reason to be.subtle about it, tell us.how you.really feel.

FWIW: Hold off a little while. PS4 is coming quickly.
Took a lesson from you on the first :twisted: ....thanks for the second.

Really, only option I have is to make sure they get zero marketshare from me & mine...consider that tick box checked!

And, yes....I did smash the living F outta my broken box!

You aren't thinking in a politically correct manner!
Corporation priorities/excuses:
Global Economy
Profitability
Responsibility to shareholders

Customers no longer are an important part of doing business it seems.

And, being a man, I would also have smashed the living h*** out of that, with extreme prejudice and enjoyment!!!

I've never thought much of M$. Look at their new tablet. They have no idea how to market it. The commercials focus on the clicky keyboard add on. We have three tablets in the house and have had tablets for 2 years now. NO ONE that has a tablet would tell you that a keyboard was something that would add value to the equation. The whole point of the tablet is having a portable, one piece computing solution that is intuitive and easy to use. They also offer that nightmare in two operating systems, one that runs windows 8 software and one that is more like their phone os. Make up your mind. Good luck with your Zune, er, Surface, M$.

All of them suck, all of them are run the same way. Sony is effing awful--if you think the 360 has a glass software/hardware jaw, the newest PS3s last about a year or two...in other words, designed to fail three days after the warranty is up. They couldn't care less. At least when our 360 got the red ring of death, we were able to swap it out a few times (with subsequent red rings of death) without issue. Sony are the magicians at figuring out ways that you improperly treated the machine (dusty environment, physical abuse, ambient temperature issues)...it'd be funny if serious money wasn't spent on this kind of crap.

These people have this crap down to a science. "Pay for it and shut up" is the business model.

All I can say is: good luck, whatever path you take. At least we know our fears of machines/robots/cyborgs taking over the planet is bunk: we can barely buy a blender that lasts six months. :lol:

8)

Sure, PeeB... I'll tell you all about how to drive what truck and why and you can tell me all about blenders. :lol: I mean, I drive a 4Runner, same thing, right? :p

8)

That's fine. Your entitled to your wrong opinion.
I can't force you to be right.

Nice, GK. :lol: You can cook and blend food at the same time from the friction.

I can see someone putting in a frozen steak and detonating the glass jar. :twisted:

8)

Thomas James used to espouse the use of coffee grinders for flakes.
If I remember correctly his Montana woman busted his arse over it the first time.

I miss that old fart, especially when hanging Christmas lights.

Microcube cut. Great, now I'm looking at my spice grinder and getting ideas. :pale:

Would he smoke the stuff?

8)