No new pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
I havent bought any new pipes for awhile now. But Ive been enjoying the ones I have. Alternating through my collection, they have become very satisfying. The break in is long over and forgotten. They smoke wonderful with my favorate tobacco with no foul taste. The longer I have them, the better they are. There are some I do like better than others. But that has to do with comfortable bits, or maybe the way they hang. I guess what Im getting at is. You dont have to always be searching for the right pipe. Its the use of the pipe that makes it a good smoker.

I only have 7 I smoke but, that has never stopped me from buying more. I just like pipes whether I smoke them all or not. I think they call it, Obsessive–compulsive disorder LOL!

plumbernater":1edbgi0s said:
I havent bought any new pipes for awhile now. But Ive been enjoying the ones I have. Alternating through my collection, they have become very satisfying. The break in is long over and forgotten. They smoke wonderful with my favorate tobacco with no foul taste. The longer I have them, the better they are. There are some I do like better than others. But that has to do with comfortable bits, or maybe the way they hang. I guess what Im getting at is. You dont have to always be searching for the  right pipe. Its the use of the pipe that makes it a good smoker.
THIS for sure !!

Yall probably seen them before but here they are again. Id had the picture on the first post but I was having photobucket problems.

Nice ring grain on that blast with the horn shank extension sir. Nice collection you have indeed.

plumbernater":cyeemtdg said:
Yall probably seen them before but here they are again. Id had the picture on the first post but I was having photobucket problems.

What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !! What kinda example are you setting for all the newbies who are trying so HARD to DO IT RIGHT !! :twisted:  You'd think you were some sort of old fart who just loads, lights and SMOKES his pipes!! You KNOW this is an OFFICIAL O.C.D. endeavor !! ( BTW I LIKE your collection of SMOKERS ) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":vsi4kpua said:
What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !! What kinda example are you setting for all the newbies who are trying so HARD to DO IT RIGHT !! :twisted:  You'd think you were some sort of old fart who just loads, lights and SMOKES his pipes!! You KNOW this is an OFFICIAL O.C.D. endeavor !! ( BTW I LIKE your collection of SMOKERS )  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 
Touché:suspect: 

monbla256":d7x718o3 said:
What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !!
Yikes - you don't get to see mine. Mine get a little wax when the stems are replaced. Every now and then I will have one with me at the pipe shop and they will offer a free buff just so that other customers don't think I am a bum. I have never polished a stem.

hey cartaphilos, Thats a old savinelli Nonpareil. The bowl is quite big and will last a long time.

plumbernater":1sg02e4t said:
hey cartaphilos, Thats a old savinelli Nonpareil. The bowl is quite big and will last a long time.
Very Nice sir!

Am I correct in thinking that you prefer full bents? Nice collection, and I for one prefer pipes (and lots of other things) with the look of use on them.

Those pipes all look like they have stories to tell, and it looks like you've been listening! Nice collection. :)

A lovely collection of pipes you have there and you clearly enjoy them all immensely, good for you chap. :)

Nothing like a stable of pipes that you smoke often; the more you love them the more they love you!

4noggins.com_Mike":766y5uqt said:
Nothing like a stable of pipes that you smoke often; the more you love them the more they love you!
Amen!!!:cheers: