No Surgeon General's Warning on Pipe Tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eleknar

Reaction score
Cigarettes:

* Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health (1966–1970)
* Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined that Cigarette Smoking is Dangerous to Your Health (1970–1985)
* SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy. (1985-)
* SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health. (1985-)
* SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight. (1985-)
* SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. (1985-)

Cigars:

* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigar Smoking Can Cause Cancers Of The Mouth And Throat, Even If You Do Not Inhale.
* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigars Are Not A Safe Alternative To Cigarettes.
* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Tobacco Smoke Increases The Risk Of Lung Cancer And Heart Disease, Even In Nonsmokers.
* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Cigar Smoking Can Cause Lung Cancer And Heart Disease.
* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Tobacco Use Increases The Risk Of Infertility, Stillbirth, And Low Birth Weight.
* SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: This Product Contains/Produces Chemicals Known To The State Of California To Cause Cancer, And Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm.

Notice that the warnings found on cigars are warnings that speak of how cigars could cause health problems whereas the cigarette warnings show how cigarettes will cause health problems. Also, I could not find a warning specific to pipe tobacco. Is there no real Surgeon General's Warning on pipe tobacco? On my McClelland tins I have noticed the "State of California" warning but nothing else. Just thought this was interesting.

We Have warnings on all our pipe tobacco here, they are these crappy decals that the retailer is forced to stick on all imported and local pipe tobacco..... I wish they would stop doing that, for one I am not breastfeeding so my smoke cannot harm my infant!!!
Besides, it just makes a classy tin look bad....... to make matters worse they put it in bags instead of tins!!!!!
Here is some Condor I just picked up for Pipetongue (Ken)

The people in power must protect us from ourselves. ;)

I guess it create jobs. :?:

I guess they'll be putting hazard warning labels next on motor vehicles and heavy industrial machinery and processing factories, not to mention oil distilleries and electrical power plants. Wait... shouldn't they have started with those first and foremost? Do I detect a highly selective enforcement pattern here? No, no... I guess it's just me being meanspirited and ignorant.

And what about New York Taxis? Or sausage and pepper sandwiches at the state fair. :twisted:

Double :lol!: :lol!: Boys....... and dont forget the acid content in toilet paper!!!

Piet Binsbergen":kdsfgm3j said:
Double :lol!: :lol!: Boys....... and dont forget the acid content in toilet paper!!!
HUH????? I've been wiping with what? :shock:

This is very funny guys.......... Stop it now my guts hurts from..... :lol!:

I'm switching immediately to Tucks Medicated Wipes w/ Lanolin....leaving now for the Drug Store. :tongue:

Centurian 803":8nx0bavw said:
And what about New York Taxis? Or sausage and pepper sandwiches at the state fair. :twisted:
...or message boards full of dirty old men?

Irene Adler":hjomdq7c said:
Centurian 803":hjomdq7c said:
...or message boards full of dirty old men?
who are you calling old???
:scratch: :scratch:

happypipester":eewgt48n said:
I'm gettin' over the hill, a whopping 19 years old lol
Hey HP.... how goes????.... did the FOX I sent you make you puke????? :lol!:

Hey Piet! Thankfully I'm still alive, I have to agree Fox has a rather nauseating affect lol.

On the bright side, it smells nice, it's a great air freshener :lol!:

happypipester":ccsz4v3z said:
Hey Piet! Thankfully I'm still alive, I have to agree Fox has a rather nauseating affect lol.

On the bright side, it smells nice, it's a great air freshener :lol!:
TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

happypipester":iug1grij said:
I'm gettin' over the hill, a whopping 19 years old lol
Who said I was speaking of you fine gentlemen, here on the BoB????
:D

:twisted: