Nog, Egg Nog..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
Happy Election Day BoB,

As I finish up my third bowl for the day I wanted to share with you the discovery of a new companion in pipe smoking for me:
Egg Nog

I'm not a big fan drinking it by itself, but I bought a quart of the Southern Comfort brand and gave it a whirl as I watched my films.

First bowl was the beloved Margate. One of my regular english and all I can say is that Sweet and English don't go well for me. :no:
Sugar on sh!t doesn't make it edible and the nog didn't bode well here. I like my petey smokiness. After a few sips, I left it at that and finished my bowl the way it was intended, I'll stick with black tea as I find this works well with English, would gladly take other recommendations.

However, the next two bowls were surprising.

I do like aromatics but am picky about which ones. The next bowl I tried Sutliff Molto Dolce for the first time...It was great! Gave it about 30 minutes of dry time (could've used more) but when I paired it with the nog, that was something. The creamy sweetness caressing the tongue enhanced this toby in all the right ways. I smoked my KKK castello all the way to the bottom, no bite, no dottle, one pipe cleaner.

The last bowl was Hearth & Home Marble Kake. I'm finishing up the last pieces in my jar. It's OK but as someone described, Corn Flakes is not my thing. However, the nog added a new texture to the flavor. The toby went from toasted bread to something like a creamy butter on toast, and me like! I may not pick up Marble Kake again but the egg nog opened up new possibilities.

To summarize:
English/Balkan/Orientals: Egg Nog is a NO nog!! :pale:
Aromatics: The best pairing, would probably work really well with those blends that bite, as this soothes the tongue and adds sweetness to the toby.
Virginia's: Works well. Adds a little creaminess.

I will have to try other blends with egg nog but I'm glad I gave it a try!

I don't care for thick egg nog, so first I cut it with a bit of whole milk; then I cut it some more with old, dark rum!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) FTRPLT

Hermit":ya3se81w said:
I love eggnog! :cheers:
My preference is 50/50 with Jack Daniels.

I'm lucky it's seasonal.  :santa:
Hmm :scratch: never thought of it with with whisky...
And to think, its already a bane on the spare tire, some liquor would do nice for the liver... :twisted: