noob from San Antone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcygan

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been smoking pipe on and off for about 20 years... mostly off. Reason was until a couple years ago I only smoked drug store tobacco in drug store pipes.

about 18 months ago I was in my local B&M to get some cigars and a fellow was smoking some aromatic that smelled great. I bought a Savinelli and some of this aromatic. After I recovered from the severe chemical burn on my tounge and went back to the black and gold cavendish from the local walgreens I started reading.

Then I bought some tins and ordered some from Boswell's shop. OMG, real tobacco blended well is AMAZING! My first instinct was to start with aromatics, what a mistake! After practice and experience and getting real english blends, they are the BEST! I like a few aromatics that are not just lumps of wet sugar (not found locally that I know of). But, I am absolutely in love with English blends heavy in latakia. I can't tell you what it was like to suddenly understand the wonders of the pipe after fiddling around with them for 20 years. Now, I'm terribly enthusiastic and want to try different quality blends/brands.

I only have a couple "good" pipes(Savinelli, GBD). And, about 12 drug store briar pipes, mostly Medico. I can tell you, you can get away with cheap pipes but not cheap tobacco.

Joe