Nording Eriksen keystone pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feazelle-n-it

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these pipes? They seem similar to falcon. Looking at one and curious what everyone thinks.

Playing "Devil's Advocate" I see Monbla. I think I'm going to have to do that. Especially if nobody has any clue about them.
The only problem is I have no experience with the Falcons either so I have no basis for comparison.
Oh well, I think I'm going to pull the trigger anyway.

Purchased the Nording Keystone today. Looking at a falcon so I can compare the two. Any falcon smokers know about the filter ring? If its worth getting or can I make my own out of a pipe cleaner. It looks like they just made a loop out of a cleaner.

I smoke Falcons with some regularity. You can smoke them without the rings. You can also make your own by wrapping a pipe cleaner around a pencil and snipping the little circles.

**Update** First impression wasn't promising. The plastic stem and rubber bit seemed a little cheap, but the construction is sturdy. The bit is removable unlike the falcons. The bowl fits tightly even though it sets in instead of screwing in. But there is a rubber O ring that makes a tight seal. The keystones aren't kitty litter. It is a tan clay that does good at absorbing moisture.

Smoking - Draw is as good as any other pipe I own.
Taste - There is a slight rubber/plastic taste that isn't surprising given the construction. I think that will calm down over time, this is my first bowl.
Moisture control - They keystones do an excellent job. I didn't dry my tobacco like I normally would and there is no gurgle at all. In fact the smoke might be a little too dry. Might have to cut back the number of stones.

Over all it is a good pipe for the money. Would make a great travel pipe for the car. I would recommend it if you're looking for a decent pipe on a budget.

The video convinced me that I needed one just to treat it like hell. :lol:

I picked one up at JR Cigars for around 26.00 including shipping, using their 15% off email signup. So for a $26 car/gardening pipe, we'll see if I like it. Just something to fool around with while doing chores other than my cobs.

This little pipe came today in the mail from JR Cigars... as cheap as this order was, JR Cigars threw in a free humi-brik cigar humidifier. Nothing fancy, but they say a $10 value and I'm inclined to believe it. This on an order that was only $26 including shipping. I'll tell you what, I've been doing business with the big boys for a while now and I don't ever remember them adding anything extra to the order... except for SP, they do add a sample tobacco.

Anyway, that speaks volumes to me. It tells me that they really appreciate the business. I will be checking them out first before placing any further orders.

I don't even smoke cigars, but still... I'll probably just include this in my box going out in the December bombing if the victim smokes cigars. If not, I'll add it to my nephews Christmas gift; he smokes cigars and would appreciate it.

The pipe? Exactly what I expected. I'll probably give it a run tomorrow. I've smoked three bowls of tobacco this morning (unusual for me) and I'm about tobaccoed out today. :lol:

Think I'll take the young man's advice in the video and wash the stem in water and push some Appleton Estate rum through it and let it sit for a while to get that vinyl taste out of it.

I've smoked a few bowls through mine and the taste goes away fast. Buy the third bowl it was completely gone. Still not crazy about how soft the bit is, but at least it's replaceable.

Feazelle-n-it":j1afus8d said:
I've smoked a few bowls through mine and the taste goes away fast. Buy the third bowl it was completely gone. Still not crazy about how soft the bit is, but at least it's replaceable.
I haven't smoked mine yet, but the bit seems about the same as what comes on a cob. Kinda plasticy, but like you said, it can be replaced pretty easily. I'm really planning on using my pipe the same way I use cobs; just around the yard and doing chores... if I were to break it (which seems impossible :lol: ) at least I won't have lost much.