Nording handmade

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like an okay deal to me--a new Erik Nording freehand retails at about twice that. Stem needs a little attention, and you're golden.

You can use a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser,sort of a scouring sponge you buy at
supermart.Or you could get a brand new stem for 5-6$ from various pipe
supply places.
It's a nice pipe,pretty grain,you did fine with the price.

Winslow :sunny:

Walker Briar Works sells a stem polishing kit that works reasonably well. I would just make a new stem - that pipe isn't ever going to be worth 30000 with the original, ya know?

Nordings tend to smoke well because Nording was more of a machinist than a woodworker, so he devised all kinds of jigs and such for accurate drilling.

That piece has way better than average grain, and looks to be in decent shape. I'd say you did okay.

It's a good deal. Nording is a reputable make and the pipe seems to have nice straight grain, at least the side shown on the photo. Enjoy it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if a stem is jet black or not. I usually polish it by rubbing it against my forehead!

But be aware that, if you replace the stem, the pipe loses its value. Pipes with replacement stems have no estate value.

Just glad to see that maybe I didn't pay $60 for a pipe worth $20.

Thanks guys for the input and suggestions. This place is great for a novice pipe man.

Sir
I thank you got a great deal. Nordings is a great smoke and from what I see you got a great nording I would use a Mr. Clean to clean the steam or you can use softscrub without bleach on the steam make sure to be carefull around the "N" on the steam. But for the price you paid great deal
Best Regards
Richard

Fair deal. I wouldn't have bid on it though. I like my pipes in slightly better condition. I don't have the time to go searching for new stems. Check out the ones I picked up in PAD & TAD under "NordingsX2". Great deals and no "fixer uppers" on any of the three.

Fair deal. I wouldn't have bid on it though. I like my pipes in slightly better condition. I don't have the time to go searching for new stems. Check out the ones I picked up in PAD & TAD under "NordingsX2". Great deals and no "fixer uppers" on any of the three.