not a fave, but one of usefullest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustPlainBill

Reaction score
One of the usefullest pipes i own is a little Turk's Head meer "taster". it's good for a whiff of anything new, & has no real flavor of its own. Anyone else have one of these? Lately i've been thinking about ordering a couple-three Cheep clays as well. Thoughts?

Yup, got one for x-mas a few years back. Good for a ten minute smoke and like you said, no flavor imparted.

Had a clay years ago but wasn't fond of the heat on the fingers.

A couple of good Cobs will do the same but, to each his own.
I just find Meers are too much to take care of and when I drop one you can here it a mile away. ;)

Bill:

Clays tend to smoke well but are hard to handle.  I'm not sure where in up-state NY you are, but my source for clays is actually a bit west of Binghamton

PennValley Pipes

Thanks T, penn valley looks about like what i had in mind. Nice selection, reasonable prices. Cart, yeah, i like cobs too. I may just grab a new Mark Twain for my dip-n-stuff Burleys, as well.

JustPlainBill":4iw9hino said:
Thanks T, penn valley looks about like what i had in mind. Nice selection, reasonable prices.  Cart, yeah, i like cobs too. I may just grab a new Mark Twain for my dip-n-stuff Burleys, as well.
I really like their gouda clay, and often add one to any gifts I send out; alas, I think I just sent off my last one. The Elizabethan clay is tiny; if all you want is a mere taste of tobacco, it's ok.

I had a little meer I got at a tobacco shop. It cracked down the side after only a few smokes. Might've been a bad one, but I think it was just a cheap pos. I use cobs for tasting now. Didn't give up on meers though, I got a nice IMP and I love that pipe