Not feeling well and the cold weather isn't helping....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakebound

Reaction score
After travelling for the last week on vacation, I returned home to cold weather and cold and flu symptoms. Going to take a break from pipe smoking for awhile for health reasons as well as due to the overall cold weather conditions here at home.

Best regards,

Out of commission. Me too. Can't taste a damn thing, so what's the point of smoking a pipe? Day after day of mucus city, coughing my ass off, wheezing at night, no appetite, and weird aches make one want to reach for a gun. But no pipe smoking is the worst.

I hope both of you feel better soon. May I ask if you got flu shots? I did back in Oct and so far, so good, knock knock. I did have a nasty head cold back in Nov, but there’s no shot for that. Good luck.

KevinM":uh2jxzyt said:
I hope both of you feel better soon. May I ask if you got flu shots?  I did back in Oct and so far, so good, knock knock. I did have a nasty head cold back in Nov, but there’s no shot for that. Good luck.
I haven't gotten a flu shot for the last 24 years after leaving the Navy. It was mandatory for my command back then. And back then, I got sick with the flu every year.

Since not getting the shots, I've had the flu maybe 5 times in 24 years. This year I had the crud, nothing more. I'm still recovering after almost 3 weeks now without a pipe. I couldn't fully enjoy a bowl probably for a few more days. I'm thinking maybe Friday will be the day.

Thanks fellas for all the good wishes, it brightens a guy's spirits around here.

Update: First bowl this morning in almost a month. Still not 100% over the crud but the bowl of St. James Flake with black coffee today tasted quite good.

Supposed to be 50 degrees here in the mitten State. :sunny:

Navyflake":p3yvz8kp said:
Update: First bowl this morning in almost a month. Still not 100% over the crud but the bowl of St. James Flake with black coffee today tasted quite good.

Supposed to be 50 degrees here in the mitten State. :sunny:
Good to hear. It’s surprising how good that first bowl tastes.