Not going to order this... but...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or the fact the shipping will cost 20 times more than the item. :p

The shipping was free, it looks like they use the same discription for alot of there sale items inc. pipes.

Brothah Kyle:

You've unearthed one of my favorite pastimes when I need a chuckle—namely, Googling for pipe stuff and clicking on the "Translate this page" link for the foreign sites. There's no end to the entertainment value. The Italian sites have always been my favorite, but the Chinglish page you posted beats them hands down.

BTW, for those brethren who are relatively new to pipe smoking, the reamer is a rip-off of the classic old British Buttner reamer—a device that works well as long as the rivets stay riveted...but they don't. They're made of brass, and they're too soft to hold up under the torquing forces that result from many years of use. I guess it's cool that the Chinese job on eBay is stainless steel, but the cutters and body were never the problem. The rivets are the weak point.

Nevertheless, it's a clever, time-tested design, and I've always had a British Buttner reamer around ever since I bought my first one...about 46 years ago.

:joker:

Vito":ydgla1hu said:
Brothah Kyle:

You've unearthed one of my favorite pastimes when I need a chuckle—namely, Googling for pipe stuff and clicking on the "Translate this page" link for the foreign sites. There's no end to the entertainment value. The Italian sites have always been my favorite, but the Chinglish page you posted beats them hands down.

BTW, for those brethren who are relatively new to pipe smoking, the reamer is a rip-off of the classic old British Buttner reamer—a device that works well as long as the rivets stay riveted...but they don't. They're made of brass, and they're too soft to hold up under the torquing forces that result from many years of use. I guess it's cool that the Chinese job on eBay is stainless steel, but the cutters and body were never the problem. The rivets are the weak point.

Nevertheless, it's a clever, time-tested design, and I've always had a British Buttner reamer around ever since I bought my first one...about 46 years ago.

:joker:
I used to translate pages for fun among many things...this one was just a great find that had to be shared, no translation needed...or...the translation was just funny as-is. :lol:

...yeah you get what you pay for, and this just didn't seem to make as much sense versus the Kleen Reem I actually *did* get... If I got Buttner, I'd look for a nice used one or one that didn't look like it'd break in two uses...

All pipes are handmade folk artists???!!! Is that what they do with folk artists in China? How terrible!

Boxerbuddy":u2aurtxe said:
All pipes are handmade folk artists???!!! Is that what they do with folk artists in China? How terrible!
:king: :king: :lol: :lol:

They steal everyone that makes something. Everyone. Then of course, happily sell their wares back to us... :p