Not my cup of tea but.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
I saw this beauty today online and while the shape is not speaking to me the briar and symmetry sure is...

002-362-0065.jpg

I saw that one, yesterday. WOW! I'm like you, not my cup of tea, but, what a beauty! Also, WAY out of my price range, so I'm happy it's not my cup of tea.

It would surely be a decoration for my rack but really not much else. With that flat rim smoking it regularly would end up in inevitable damage.

I agree - I'd love to own it but I can't imagine I'd smoke it much, if at all. From some angles it evokes a fish, from others a ram, and from still others, Princess Leah from Star Wars...

Midnight Blues":0b2y9znc said:
I saw this beauty today online and while the shape is not speaking to me the briar and symmetry sure is...

002-362-0065.jpg

It's a beauty but would also be just an art piece for me. I can't see myself smoking a shape like that. Function is priority number one for this pipester.

WOW! :shock: It's just wonderful! I can't even dream of buying such an expensive pipe but still I spent about half an hour looking at it... I just love it :) The nicest thing in my opinion is that it's not an established shape that has been modified, nor is it a crazy freehand with a pointless labyrinth of curves. It is innovative and original while still being clean and simple. For me that's a representation of a pipemaker's ability to truly go beyond what has been carved before 8)

I think when the bowl was bored out, the pipe was upside down in the chuck. :tongue:
It would look wonderful the other way round.

reminds me of a hood ornament off some long forgotten 50's era car. eh I'd smoke it.

Stefanos":j5uyjqlf said:
I think when the bowl was bored out, the pipe was upside down in the chuck. :tongue:
It would look wonderful the other way round.
I thought the same exact thing when I first saw it,,,,
it's like a factory engraved Colt 1851 Navy, nice to look at but how much would you shoot it,,,pure art,,

Funny thing... If it had been drilled upside down it wouldn't be all that original :D But the way it is this shape has a whole lot of "power". I wouldn't call it a fish shape, I'd go for "angry ram" :)

mark":lnx1v8lg said:
it's like a factory engraved Colt 1851 Navy, nice to look at but how much would you shoot it,,,pure art,,
I was thinking some sort of weapon too, but more like Thors Hammer or something.