Nothing.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean68

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not smoking any pipe tobacco at all right now. Normally this would not bother me. I only discovered pipe smoking during my last deployment at the kind deed of a fellow BoB when I ran out of cigars. I rarely smoke at all when home between deployments, and did not touch my pipes at all.

I did pack my pipes and two tins for this deployment, which I completely ignored until, yet again, my cigar supply was running low. Within a few days, however, I really didn't care if I resupplied my cigars at all. I discovered I had really missed smoking the pipes.

As you can imagine, those two tins did not last long. I am waiting to move to another site so ordered new tobacco to be delivered there. It will be another week before I get there. I am hoping my package of tobacco will be waiting there for me. My next post in this thread will hopefully be labeled Frog Morton...

Oh buddy! Hope to read an update "Frog Morton" soon! Stay safe brother!

Thank you, Sir! I am, at my occupation, age and girth, in far more danger of suffering heat exhaustion than injury from combat. Although the chow tent is another source of occasional danger...

Sean, next time let us know you are running low. I am sure there are a few of us with a tin or two to spare for a brother overseas! :face: 

Thanks Dutch!

I have already received a few generous offers. The gifting is nice. Somehow it smokes better.

The interesting point is that I really didn't expect to smoke the pipes much. I just thought I would like returning to my cigars. So I only brought out a little bit, thinking it would suffice.

But smoking those pipes this time was an even more pleasurable experience than the first time, and I believe I now desire the pipe far more than the cigars. I did order myself one bundle of cigars, but expect they will last a while. I am craving some good tobacco for my pipes.

Thanks everybody!

Ciao!

Sean