Now THAT'S a price tag!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":ue5bvq1s said:
Sad thing is, I am sure they'll sell.
Of course they will ! This is Amurica and you can sell ANYTHING for ANY amount here !! Stupidity concerning $s is an Amurican tradition !! :twisted: :twisted:

eklektos44":ovc1rgmm said:
For people with more money than brains.. :fpalm:

Justin Bieber will probably buy 'em by the boatload.

tslots":x5poh77o said:
eklektos44":x5poh77o said:
For people with more money than brains.. :fpalm:

Justin Bieber will probably buy 'em by the boatload.
Cigars? Bit of a masculine thing for Bieber to do, isn't it?

Based on my experience with Gurkha cigars, I would pay as much as $8 for one of those sticks, just to see how inferior it was to something decent.

I suspect I'll never even get a whiff of the room note on this one. How will I go on living?

I suspect one is paying for the fancy shamcy case more then the cigars.
If I had endless money I wouldn't buy them. So I reckon that would mean I'd have equal amounts of sense and money, cause right now I have more sense then money only because I have a lot less money.
That make sense?:scratch: ;)

$2,000 a stick is just the MSRP.  Which means that we can all buy them for $7.50 a stick at our local B&M!  It's Gurka....that's how they roll.  It really is too bad that 99.99% of their cigars are terrible because their marketing is AMAZING!

I've smoked quite a few Gurkha cigars over the years and I didn't really find them terrible.  In fact, I consider their Park Avenue to be one of the better mild cigars available.  However, most are average quality at best and should sell at $5 or less.

Also, if setting MSRP at outlandishly high values is great marketing, then they certainly have that in spades. Otherwise I only see them doing the standard marketing plays ... Paying for lots of advertising in the review mags which generally gets the cigars high ratings from "experts", turning out lots of new models each year,  large and flashy bands / boxes / store banners, etc.  This gets lots of first time buyers, but after some experience, repeat sales from most of those initial buyers falls off rapidly.

I am far from being any sort of knowledgeable chap when it comes to cigars but I have smoked a few Gurkha cigars and they were all absolutely vile things, could just be personal taste and/or preference but to me Gurkha are horrible cigars.

Now if that were $2000 for a box of nice Bolivar I'd be looking on with absolute envy, as it stands that advertisement just made me chuckle.