NY Show Pix:

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Doc Manhattan & Dock:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-32.jpg

Justpipes looking for some pipes:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-26.jpg

EJ in VA:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-2.jpg

Magnum Man Rich Esserman:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-34.jpg

Sammy Barnett:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-36.jpg

Vernon Vig:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-28.jpg

The Canadian connection. Max Engle talks it over with pipemaker Colm Magner:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-25.jpg

PipeMaker Tim Hynick:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-21.jpg

The ever gorgeous Louise Jones:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-20.jpg

My buddy Lou Carbone:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-18.jpg

Don Seatter from James Island:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-9.jpg

Estate pipes dealer who NEVER ages Ron Colter:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-3.jpg

SHPC member and buddy Andy Camire known here as Doc Watson:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-6.jpg

Dock smokin' in his room:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-38.jpg

Friend & pipemaker Rolando Negoita:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-29.jpg

Steve "pink shirt" Mongure:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-23.jpg

Amazing Castello Collection on display:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-31.jpg

NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-30.jpg

The main ballroom:
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-37.jpg

NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-7.jpg

Rich Esserman's Charatan Corination:
[I
NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-11.jpg
MG]:dargda84]https://2img.net/h/i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm192/big_briar_buyer/NewYorkPipeShow2009NewarkExtrava-12.jpg[/IMG]

Great photos Doc, looks like it was a great time, thanks for giving us a glimpse of the festivities...

Excellent report and photos Dock!! Great to be able to put faces to some names too. Man, I wish I coulda been there! :D

Dock,

Thanks for taking the time to write the report and post it along with the photos! Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Jim

thanks for the pictures, Dock. I am green with envy, looks like a fantastic show.

Thanks for posting the photos Dock! It was an awesome adventure for sure! I will try to post a few more photos sometime this evening.

Like a knucklehead, I forgot my camera, but heartily agreed--great folks, great show, great day.

Funny enough, some friends who aren't pipesmen were very jealous of the camraderie I described. Events like this are one more thing that will draw new folks to the Brotherhood, I think.

Hey Doc!,

Thank you for the review and the photos. I too, forgot my camera. I had a fantastic time at the show, it was one of the best NY shows in a while and a good shot in the arm for the hobby.

I wound up with a nice group of new pipes for my collection.

It was great seeing you, Andy and all the "Brothers". Missed Premal, though...

Now, let's start saving for the next round of purchases!

Lou, NY

BTW, would you mind if I used your photos for the NY Club's website in light of the fact that I stupidly forgot my own?

Hello All,
Dock, thanks so much for the fantastic photos and an enjoyable time of gabbing and puffing at the show. It all goes by much too quickly.
It was more than a pleasure to meet our Brothers of Briar at the show. What a bunch of great guys to drive all the way up to NJ from south of Dixie for a show and meet one another. Now I can put all the faces together with the avatars. Just Pipes, EJ in VA, Doc Manhattan, it was certainly a pleasure to meet all of you guys and I'm sure we'll meet soon, either in Chicago or the great Richmond show.
My only regret is that we couldn't all spend another evening together getting acquainted with a sip and a puff. Truly a memorable and enjoyable show.
Best to all,
Andy

Here are a few more photos. What a great time! I apologize for not getting a photo of Lou also! Next year!

Dock and Eric (EJ)

DSC01769.jpg

Doc Manhattan (Mike), EJ, Me and Dock

DSC01770.jpg

Me and Dock

DSC01771.jpg

Pipes

DSC01772.jpg

Steve Monjure and more pipes

DSC01773.jpg

Show room with Doc Watson at his table in the back part of the photo

DSC01774.jpg

Andy (Doc Watson) examining a pipe at his table

DSC01775.jpg

Thanks for sharing with us, fellas................looks like it was a blast !! :cheers:

Great report and photos. I'm pleased you had such a fine time.
I really wanted to make this show, but had done both the St. Louis and Reno shows and just couldn't make it three weekends in a row.
What is most pleasing is that the hobby appears to be quite healthy. This makes me very excited about Chicago!
Dock, thanks!

Hey guys! That was a fun time!
Special thanks to Mark (Justpipes) for inviting me on this grand adventure.
Although I just bought a couple of pipes at the show (from Doc Watson) the whole trip was lots of fun.
It was alot of fun meeting up with our Northern bretheren.
Looking forward to more adventure's in the future.
:cheers: :pipe:

Here are a couple of photo's of my purchases from Doc Watson. I try to snag up every kaywoodie 13B I can get (5 so far with one more from ebay on the way). The other one is a Marxman Mel-O-Briar from France which I know nothing about, but I loved the shape and rustication.

So is this Marxman from the US or France? I saw online that they are from a New York carver, but the stem has France stamped on it :scratch: .

It is possible that the NY company was importing them from France which was the case with some of the large US pipe companies. I know that WDC sold some pipes with their mark on them but the pipes were actually made in Europe under contract.

Looks like a good time,wish I could've been there too. :x I'll bring my camera to the Chicago Show
and maybe get some photos to post in May. :)

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":x5nqfqjc said:
Looks like a good time,wish I could've been there too. :x I'll bring my camera to the Chicago Show
and maybe get some photos to post in May. :)

Winslow :sunny:
I'll be looking forward to seeing some photos of the Chicago show!