October

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallout

Reaction score
For me, this is my favorite time of the year to smoke! The weather is perfect. Not too humid or warm. For the most part, cool and breezy. I spent all day and evening yesterday out on the back porch, smoking bowl after bowl, sipping tea, and playing fetch with the dog. I went through four pipes and six different English tobaccos. I finished the night off with a bowl of Nightcap. Only seemed fitting.
If last night is any indication, this will be a great month for pipe smoking ! Cheers everyone !

Best month of all, trees turning, halloween, and lets not forget fooball. :cheers:

I think I still like the Summer season better. I like the fall colors but, I know Winter is around the corner and that bums me out.

I'm with you!
I've always planned vacations in October. Even if I don't do anything special, I love the weather and the feel of the air after the heaviness of summer. My kid is nuts about Halloween too, so it's even more fun.

I'm in the summer camp and dreading my first winter as a pipe smoker. This past weekend was cold and wet. I smoked a little on our covered patio, but just plain cold. I already long for summer mornings where I could smoke my pipe and read the paper in shorts and a ti-shirt at 7 AM.....we may have to move!

I love fall as well. But then again, I seem to like all the seasons. Whether it is the cool evenings and smell of mouldering leaves of fall, the crunchy sound of snow under my feet as I hunt rabbits in the riverbottom, or the fresh half inch sprouts poking out of the ground in spring, and the late, late evenings of summer, sitting on the deck woth a good book.

Take joy in all of them and live well.

On the other hand, Nightwatch is something I can't seem to enjoy. I got an ounce from a fellow BoB and after a pipe full or two, am ready to trade it off. Seems bland to me.

I always loved the fall and winter, just something about the colors, smells, hunting and so on. I mean what is a better excuse to act like a kid again than 2 ft of freshly raked up leaves, or 2 foot of freshly fallen snow? I never stopped jumping in leaf piles, or sledding, just got more intense on how I would do it. I also love the fire pit and it is just too hot in the summer to deal with it along with getting torn up by skeeters. a nice fire with a bowl, and a hot drink of some sort and I am in heaven!

Agreed. October and November are my favorite months. I have already had a fire going in the backyard fire pit. I love the smells of fall. My favorite is the cold, rainy, dreary Sunday with nothing to do. Book in hand, pipe at my side, and a cup of coffee or glass of scotch on the table.

As a non-television watcher, sports are kind of excluded, but please, enjoy them, the rest of you! A live ball game is very cool, on the other hand.

I am very busy with work this time of year, and outside during most of it!

WaydeG":tze9y66e said:
Kyle Weiss":tze9y66e said:
Best. Month. Ever.
Post. Season. Baseball.

Oh, and great backporch pipe weather too.
Regular. Season. Hockey. :)

Canadian Thanksgiving (my favourite meal of the year).

Hot-apple cider beside the fire-pit with a stout Latakia blend.

But, the best part of the fall season for me; the air is seemingly so much cleaner; not to mention crisp.

Of course, I also recognize that it will now rain here in Vancouver pretty much every day (with the exception being the three that it decides to snow) until June.

Sure, October is great EXCEPT it is followed by winter, the WORST time of the year. Take extra time off, use up your PTO, indulge yourself with some nice walks and porch sits, cuz it's coming and it doesn't get any more pleasant from one year to the next.

I also agree, I have been spending a lot of time on the back porch with pipe and scotch in hand, the weather is just perfect for it. Soon enough I will be raking the leaves with my best yard pipe...my cob.

I must admit though, I don't mind smoking my pipe in the winter either...especially when I'm behind the controls of my snow blower...the wonderful life of living in NE ;)