Odd Ball Lighters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
Anyone out there got any fascinating lighters? What do you light your pipe with? I use matches most of the time, But I do find myself goig for the lighter when in a hurry. I have a box full of lighters from over the years, but these are the ones Ive been using latley. They are not torch just regular butain flame. The pig I like it has 2 flames that come out its nose.
IMG053.jpg

I've seen the cool piggy lighter next to your stuff in quite a few photos... I dig that one! :D

The pig is nice, but I also like the irony of the 'fire extinguisher'

Back when I started smoking pipes I was into primitive camping nothing that wasn't available before 1840. So I started with a copper tube with a short section of cotton rope. You get the end of the rope smoldering and light from that. No matches or lighters allowed. Used flint and steel to get the rope lit. When I got married my mother inlaw gave me a family heirloom. It was a funny looking pair of tweezer type thing with little cups on the ends for grabbing a coal out of the fire. Mostly I used a nimrod pipe lighter for the last 20 years until my 23 year old lost it.

Jim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LjATCMASJPI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iha9vQvnWMU" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just stuff steel wool on your pipe bowl of 'bacca and have a 9-volt battery handy. :lol!:

Mmm, burning metal--makes your FVF even better. 8)

:lol!: When I saw Mark's last post, my computer was loading slowly so all I saw was a big blank spot. I thought he was being cute again with tiny white text, so I was straining to see what was there when the video suddenly popped up. Scared the bejeezes out of me!

I think I'd pass on the steal wool there Kyle it burns mighty hot. :affraid: I can imagine what that would do to the finish of a pipe too, not pretty! I have one that belonged to a welder its all scarred up.

Jim

Glad I saw that fire piston video. We're coming up on camping season and I'm taking my first trip this coming Monday. Having a compact and easy to use device like that would be invaluable on a hike to camp trip! As such, I've already ordered one. :)

This one was actually given to me by a one-armed midget named Dewy I used to work with. His wife was making him get rid of it. It's a bit crude for my tastes, but how many people can say they own anything given to them by a one-armed midget?

Yeah, the poor girl. Your new avatar pic seems to be agape in disbelief at the picture of my lighter. :p

Again, with the avatar explanations. More accurately, I'm agape in disbelief of what I actually posted. Each and every time. :lol:

:lol!: Gee whiz, George, I can't imagine why you would post this under this heading. :lol: