Off to Basic Training

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
Well Gentlemen, today’s the day... I’m off to Basic Training. It’s 04:10, in roughly 20min, I’ll be boarding a bus with roughly another 79 recruits or so, headed for the airport and our dispersment to our Posts/Bases. I’ll be flying solo as I’m the only one going to Ft Lennardwood... everyone else is going to Benning, Jackson and somewhere else(too tired to remember...) My son didn’t handle my swear in so well, although I was the one with the most family present (12 out of 13 family members made it) and I expect that I will not be able or allowed to use my phone during BT, so this is a temporary goodbye and I’ll be back in 9 weeks.

Best of luck. Keep your head on a swivel! Thanks for your service!

GOOD LUCK AT LOST-IN-THE-WOODS!! Take everything out 9f basic that you can, training will be coming at you like a fre hose, there is so much they have to teach you in a short amount of time. Secret to success in the army in be in the right place at the right time in the right uniform and you will be just fine. Bset of luck and let us know how you are getting along when you get a chance.

Thank you both and I definitely shall take the advice to heart, currently bored to tears, my flight doesn’t leave until the afternoon... currently trying to chain smoke the last of my cigs and be done with ‘em. I figure I should kick the cigs n stay off ‘em after BT anyway. The checkpoints stuff is all new to me, haven’t flown since pre 9/11. Don’t know what to think about all that though... I guess as long as it keeps us safe??? Anyhoo, keep the pipes puffin’ and I’ll join you when I can

Wow!! Best of luck, young man!! I still remember that bus ride from the induction center in Raleigh out to RDU and the flight to San Antonio! I had no clue where I was or what was going on!! All seemed like a blur for several days! Things were great in '68!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Nick Fox":p50o5jm8 said:
Thank you both and I definitely shall take the advice to heart, currently bored to tears, my flight doesn’t leave until the afternoon... currently trying to chain smoke the last of my cigs and be done with ‘em. I figure I should kick the cigs n stay off ‘em after BT anyway. The checkpoints stuff is all new to me, haven’t flown since pre 9/11. Don’t know what to think about all that though... I guess as long as it keeps us safe??? Anyhoo, keep the pipes puffin’ and I’ll join you when I can
Yep arrive at the airport at 0600 for a 1500 flight, "hurry up and wait", that's the army motto

Good luck Nick! Head down, nose clean, do your best and make your family proud.

Look forward to hearing how it all unfolds down the line.

Pip pip.

Well done! God bless you for your willingness to serve. God bless your family also who are sacrificing in this too.